My Mum thinks my piggy is ugly.

Mummybean

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
My Mum said a few days ago that part of the reason Norbert (my piggy) is so endearing is because he is so ugly! I’m not going to lie I was surprised because I’ve genuinely always thought he was gorgeous. I told my husband and he said well yes he is a bit odd looking but that’s part of his charm! I’m shook, I told my Husband “that’s on how I pick them!” 🤣 I guess beauty really is in the eye of the beholder ❤️

Attachments

• 83F41C08-2297-4CC0-88FE-D9D8E13D9405.webp
    83F41C08-2297-4CC0-88FE-D9D8E13D9405.webp
    66.2 KB · Views: 63
  • 8E9300BB-8F7C-441A-B964-34AD55668AA2.webp
    8E9300BB-8F7C-441A-B964-34AD55668AA2.webp
    48.2 KB · Views: 63
He is a very handsome pigwig. My mother always said our Tallulah naked skinnypig was ugly and deformed and that made me very sad because Tallulah looks like chocolate fudge cake and her devoted husboar thinks she's beautiful, she really looks like chocolate fudge in a guinea pig shape and what could be nicer that that?
Norbert also looks like a lovely dessert :)

Norberts lovely and perhaps your response to the hubby should have been “I was talking about Norbert, not you 😉”.

But yes I totally don’t understand why some people find our beloved pets ugly or weird looking. I have a cat with heterochromia who my mother describes as “the ugliest evil looking cat I have ever seen”.

Norbert is super adorable! His colors are very beautiful too. I have a relative who likes to refer to guinea pigs as "rats" in a rude tone. I also happen to think rats are cute too, so it's not really an insult 😆

I never understood how people can be so judgmental of animals, pets especially. Like I can honestly never think of a moment in my life where I looked at an animal and legitimately thought it was "ugly?" Yes, some animals are unique and every animal I've seen that's known for being unattractive or ugly just has some features that make them stand out a bit more.

This just got me thinking about the blobfish, which was voted worlds ugliest animal. The thing with the blobfish is that it's actually a deep sea creature. The extreme pressure difference above sea level is what makes it look so "blobby." It's not very blob-like at all in it's natural environment. It's actually quite sad as the blobfish everyone loves because it's so "ugly" is actually just a really sick deformed fish out of its habitat.

Blobfish-Reddit.jpg

He is a very handsome pigwig. My mother always said our Tallulah naked skinnypig was ugly and deformed and that made me very sad because Tallulah looks like chocolate fudge cake and her devoted husboar thinks she's beautiful, she really looks like chocolate fudge in a guinea pig shape and what could be nicer that that?
Norbert also looks like a lovely dessert :)

Oh my, I absolutely love skinny pigs! I think they are just adorable. I bet Tallulah is beautiful. I’m still trying to convince my husband we need a skinny pig in our lives! ❤️

Norbert is super adorable! His colors are very beautiful too. I have a relative who likes to refer to guinea pigs as "rats" in a rude tone. I also happen to think rats are cute too, so it's not really an insult 😆

I never understood how people can be so judgmental of animals, pets especially. Like I can honestly never think of a moment in my life where I looked at an animal and legitimately thought it was "ugly?" Yes, some animals are unique and every animal I've seen that's known for being unattractive or ugly just has some features that make them stand out a bit more.

This just got me thinking about the blobfish, which was voted worlds ugliest animal. The thing with the blobfish is that it's actually a deep sea creature. The extreme pressure difference above sea level is what makes it look so "blobby." It's not very blob-like at all in it's natural environment. It's actually quite sad as the blobfish everyone loves because it's so "ugly" is actually just a really sick deformed fish out of its habitat.

View attachment 185124

Aww I’m feeling so sad for the blowfish now. I love uniqueness in all its forms.

Norberts lovely and perhaps your response to the hubby should have been “I was talking about Norbert, not you 😉”.

But yes I totally don’t understand why some people find our beloved pets ugly or weird looking. I have a cat with heterochromia who my mother describes as “the ugliest evil looking cat I have ever seen”.

What is heterochromia? Would love to see a picture of this “evil looking cat”

No such thing as an ugly piggy! Absolutely none at all. Your little man is gorgeous!

I've got some pretty uh..unique looking piggies from deformed feet or eyes, to head tilts and scruffy bald bits. Each and every single one is beautiful in their own way 🥰

Aww he's gorgeous 😍 Someone told me that Oscar is scary looking because of his red eyes, but I just adore him 🥰

What is heterochromia? Would love to see a picture of this “evil looking cat”

She has one pure blue eye and one pure yellow eye. Maybe I’ll put her on the cat thread at some point.
Leela has heterochromia, but of course as a guinea pig her irises are pretty small so you need to be in bright light! She has one brown eye and one blue. I've had people tell me that my red-eyed pets are 'evil looking' and I never get it... I think red eyes are really pretty. We've had two red-eyed pigs in the past, Frenzy and Sundae, and we have a red-eyed Syrian hamster right now, Sumi. They're adorable!

Awwww, I think he’s beautiful! I do like the Aby ruffled look. My mum said my Bertie’s hair is a nightmare 😅. He’s a Aby x Peruvian mix so has a bit of a rooster butt going on. But I think he’s absolutely adorable. Here’s Bertie when he was a teen piggy:

Attachments

• 8F036F1E-410C-427E-AB5B-AF4C94C3F789.webp
    8F036F1E-410C-427E-AB5B-AF4C94C3F789.webp
    109.3 KB · Views: 11
Back