• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

My little Chester has passed away!

• Thread starter Thread starter luvmychester
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
L

luvmychester

:'( I am so sad. He stopped eating late last night and I stayed up with him trying to feed him with a syringe and give him water but he wouldn't have any. His breathing was labored too. I'm not sure what happened, he was fine just hours earlier. We only fed him what we knew was safe, his water was always fresh, bedding clean, TONS of cuddles, play time and love, always had Timothy hay available, vitamin C, was inside our house in a nice big cage. We only had him two weeks, but it was the best two weeks ever! I'm hearbroken. He was such a loving boy and I miss him already! :-\

I'm so sorry to hear this, maybe he had a bit of a chest infection or something hence his funny breathing :-\

RIP Little man x x

Oh that's sooo sad :'( :'(
RIP Chester run free and popcorn at the Bridge, Sully will show you the best green grass to munch on.
Wishing you all the best i know how you feel, sending you lots of cuddles and piggie kisses as well :'( :'( :'(

oh sweetheart I am so very sorry for you as Bev said it might have been a chest infection how old was he? if young it might have been soemthing heridetery like a weak heart etc, plesae dont blame yourself these things do happen its not fair but it does, we all know exactly how awlful you are feeling, chester is playing over the bridge now in warm meadows with long green grass, if you picture it will make you smile through your tears , thinking of you :-* God bless Chester :'( you are missed so much

R.I.P LITTLE MAN

so sorry to hear this sweetheart

Cyber hugs are on their way

How do I go about getting over it. I see all his stuff and his little towel that we always wrapped him in so he wouldn't be scared when we picked him up out of his cage and I just bawl. :'( My daughter is already asking if we can get another "Chester", but I don't think I can go through this again. Plus, I don't know if he was special or what, but he would actually lick me during cuddle time. Oh man, here come the tears again.

It took me months to get over the loss of my darling Doctor. If it is right for you to have another guinea, you will know. Don't hurry your grief. It is all part of the healing x

luvmychester said:
How do I go about getting over it. I see all his stuff and his little towel that we always wrapped him in so he wouldn't be scared when we picked him up out of his cage and I just bawl. :'( My daughter is already asking if we can get another "Chester", but I don't think I can go through this again. Plus, I don't know if he was special or what, but he would actually lick me during cuddle time. Oh man, here come the tears again.

Just takes time sweetheart :) You'll know in yourself when/if to get another piggy

xxxxxxx

as already said sweetheart time is a great healer think of all the great times you had with him ,keep all his things they will always mean a lot to you, dont go rushing into any decisions until you feel ready when you feel right the next pig will be waiting for you and you will know, until then cry all you like it helps but sooner or later you will find the tears stop but the empty feelings start its a string of emotions believe me, but you will get through it you have all of us on here who know exactly how you are feeling

So sorry to hear this, it's the hardest part about loving and sharing our lives with animal Friends...having to say goodbye.
It sounds as though he was very well cared for and loved by you and that after all is what every little guinea pig dreams of. He was a lucky little pig to have you as a mom.
Take care, we will all be thinking of you at this very sad time.
Barbara

I am so very sorry to hear you have lost little Chester!

I know exactly how you are feeling right now as I've lost three of my piggies in less than a week. :'(

Exactly the same happened with Jippi who died on Sunday night. He went very quickly too.

I am trying to focus on all the good times I had with mine. It just hurts so much when they go but just try and remember all the love you got from him.

RIP Little Chester - your mummy is missing you so much :'( :'(

Love Debbie x

I am so very sorry for you. It happened to me too, my Jack just died suddenly one morning when I was with him. Please remember what an excellent piggie mum you were to him though and remember all the love you gave him. Maybe after some time you'll feel able to do the same again for another deserving piggie. x

so sorry for you, it hurts deeply. i lost my 9 month old sow before xmas, no warning, she died in my arms and i felt so guilty. i knew i would never be able to replace her but i did decide that in her memory i would rescue a pig instead of buying one from a pet shop.

last week gemma delivered me evie and her baby , who will now have a home with me forever.
:)

Thanks all for your replies! It means alot.

Well, we took Chester back to the pet shop yesterday and they offered us a new piggie, told us to pick any one we wanted, so after some nudging from the family I caved. Now we have Mr. Chip. We were told no one wanted him because he has some crazy hair and is bigger than the other pigs(alomst 4 moths). I fell in love with him instantly. But, and maybe I'll need to post this in behaviour, but he is a firecracker! He is squirmy and won't sit still on my lap for long and he is grinding his teeth together. Is that normal? Is he just not used to us yet or was this how Chester *should* have been but wasn't because he was sick.... Dunno. I'm not used to him yet either. How long before he might calm down and how can I help this along more quickly?

He's not my Chester, but I'll love him just as much in time.... :-\

chester was a one off and you loved him for who he was,you will love mr chip for who he is, don't feel guilty for loving him.

all mine are different, some will sit on your lap, some will only let you give them a rub in the cage and some just sit and don't wana be touched and then there is the mad ones, that are always on the go and only want attention when they are ready. :)

it's good that your giving another piggy a loving home ;) that's the best way to honour chester.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back