• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Sarahbawesome

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Help me please! I had 3 Guinea pigs, now I am just down to 1 boar almost 6 years old now and don’t really have the money for a vet visit right now. I have noticed this week that his fur isn’t looking as healthy and when I picked him up, his belly was hard on both sides. He is still acting normal running around and eating the same. What does this mean?

Sadly we cannot tell you if there is anything wrong from your description and, if we could, we wouldn't be able to diagnose what the problem is. I appreciate it can be difficult getting to a vet (especially for those members in the US where vet access is harder to come by and bills a lot higher). All I can say is to trust your instinct if something isn't right and generally speaking, but not always, it is easier to treat and resolve a condition in the early stages than waiting for it to progress. I do hope he is ok

A good friend of mine lost her job after the Covid outbreak. She was desperately running between vets with her old, poorly dog, and found a vet who let her pay off the medical bills bit by bit over the following months. This could be a possibility, many vets are very forthcoming.

Back