My guinea pigs wont stop fighting

• Thread starter Thread starter Member UA1
  • Start date Start date
M

Member UA1

Okay So my guinea pig Neeko Is a baby or at least a round a month old. We got Neeko a couple of months after we got Mocha and Pluto. Its been around a couple of weeks. I expected them to fight, But not as bad as they are now. You see Pluto and mocha are very close since they came from the same litter Yet when Neeko is around they wont go near each other and they battle for food, Like smashing their body's against each other and even biting yet when i take Neeko out they get along perfectly. I do take them out one by one and play with them like toys and let them run around. Or i take them all out at once I do this every day and i always make sure they get enough food. I didn't mind all the fighting until yesterday when Neeko bit Pluto and she bled. I am very attached to my guinea pigs as i call them my fur babies so when I picked up Pluto and saw blood i cried because i thought she was really hurt So I got one of my parents to look at her (They know way more about guinea pigs) She was bit in her leg and she was fine. But i think that crossed the line and i would like to ask, How should i deal with this without getting rid of one of my guinea pigs
Ps I already made sure their cage is pig enough we have cats so we cant have one with a open top area and in my room i shut the door and let them run around every day so i know they get all the workout that is necessary.
(If you could over look my mistakes in this i would very much appreciate it)

Okay So my guinea pig Neeko Is a baby or at least a round a month old. We got Neeko a couple of months after we got Mocha and Pluto. Its been around a couple of weeks. I expected them to fight, But not as bad as they are now. You see Pluto and mocha are very close since they came from the same litter Yet when Neeko is around they wont go near each other and they battle for food, Like smashing their body's against each other and even biting yet when i take Neeko out they get along perfectly. I do take them out one by one and play with them like toys and let them run around. Or i take them all out at once I do this every day and i always make sure they get enough food. I didn't mind all the fighting until yesterday when Neeko bit Pluto and she bled. I am very attached to my guinea pigs as i call them my fur babies so when I picked up Pluto and saw blood i cried because i thought she was really hurt So I got one of my parents to look at her (They know way more about guinea pigs) She was bit in her leg and she was fine. But i think that crossed the line and i would like to ask, How should i deal with this without getting rid of one of my guinea pigs
Ps I already made sure their cage is pig enough we have cats so we cant have one with a open top area and in my room i shut the door and let them run around every day so i know they get all the workout that is necessary.
(If you could over look my mistakes in this i would very much appreciate it)
if i have read this correctly, you have 2 boars and 1 sow. It very rarely works. The boars will fight over the sow. If I'm wrong about the sexes please tell me what sex and how many of what sex pigs you have together.

if i have read this correctly, you have 2 boars and 1 sow. It very rarely works. The boars will fight over the sow. If I'm wrong about the sexes please tell me what sex and how many of what sex pigs you have together.
Their all female And neeko is the newest one, Pluto and mocha Are older and female

Once blood has been drawn sadly its rare they will ever get along :( Your best bet is to separate Neeko from the group and find her a friend.
What size is their enclosure? Space can play a big part in fall outs :)

Sometimes guinea pigs just don’t get along. If their personalities don’t match, then there isn’t a lot you can do. Generally the advice is once there has been a fight and an injury causing blood to be drawn has occurred, then they neee to be separated.
You need to have a big enough cage as that can also contribute to fights happening if they don’t have enough space. For three guinea pigs, you need a cage which measures 180cm long by 60cm wide.

Update: I took Neeko and Pluto out - Pluto was the one who was bit- So after some time they where laying next to each other. So that led me to believe they are fueding over space

Hi @LampTown, I hope I don't come across as uncaring as I understand you're in a difficult position but I also read your other post about Neeko being ill and you not beinf able to afford the vet.

Adding to your pigs only creates more costs and you mention struggling financially. So, in this case I think the best option is to rehome Neeko. Especially as there is fighting going on.

She will get the vet care that she needs and your other two pigs will be happier without her around.

Back