My guinea pigs are really quiet

#piggywigs

New Born Pup
Reaction score
hi everyone, my guinea pigs have become very quiet, I’ve had them 6 months and have been in separate cages from 8 weeks due to having a male and female. They went into a new bigger cage yesterday. Today they have come out for playtime and have just gone sleep separately instead of running round like loons lol, my female has always sprayed him but no fighting, any advice would be appreciated

:wel:
Its normal for piggies to be insecure in a new cage. Did you use soiled bedding from their previous cages? That can help them feel more at home.

Are they still separated?
- please don’t let them have floor time together if he is not neutered
Are you going to have the boar neutered?

I'll assume you've had him fixed and been waiting till he's clear - if not see above post!

If she's not attacking him that's good. If she's spraying him to keep him in check that's normal! George has 2 'wives' - Louise is a very submissive girl and Flora is more feisty but he's still dominant. I suspect only because Flora lets him be though. In the early days Flora spent a lot of time peeing in his eye when actually he wasn't trying anything on! But after a couple of weeks it settled down as they got to know each other so now they're a comfortable trio. Just make sure they've got enough space and there's nowhere for anyone to get cornered until they decide on their dynamic. They may well choose not to sleep together - actually none of mine do - but that's fine.
Its George's grass.webp

Back