• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

My guinea pig lost his voice?

• Thread starter Thread starter karenb
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
K

karenb

Is this possible. For over a month now my guinea pig has been unable to make his usual squeaking noise. Whenever he tries it comes out as more of a hissing sound. He is getting old (a little over 5 years) so I don't know if that's it or if there is something wrong. He eats and drinks normally and otherwise acts fine. Does anyone know what this could be?

Thanks,
Karen

Afraid I cannot helpmuch as I have never encountered this.Could well be that the vocal cords have weakened.As the pig has been like this for a month and is eating and otherwise normal,I would not worry.

I don't know what it is but a couple of my oldies have gone like this- when they do it we say 'she's doing a Grace' (Grace was the first guinea to do it :) ). I've never done anything :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back