• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

My guinea pig just died....and i don't know what of!

• Thread starter Thread starter dreamer07
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dreamer07

[fontTahoma][siz4][colorr][/siz][/font] Ystray my 2 guina pigs i xx0 :'( but w on't know how! My rabbit also livs with thm but sh is ok... it's vry wir ? Anyboy got any ias? :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sorry i havent got a clue but i'm sure someone on here might be able to help. Just wanted to say so sorry for your loss :'(

So sorry, piggies can catch diseases from rabbits, may not be the case, someone else can hopefully give you more advice.sx

Did the pigs have anything different to eat then the rabbit? I'm thinking they may have been poisoned or maybe it was an illness for the rabbit.

Sorry for your loss.

x

yeah.... i miss my piggys.. :'( :'( :'( :'(

but i give my rabbit and guinea pigs the same food, and they were really happy and jumping around everywhere, but then i looked the next morning and they were dead, and they were cuddling each other :'( :smitten: :smitten:

:smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :'( :'( :'( R.I.P Chocolate and Squeak :smitten: :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Sorry to hear about your loss, but GP's aren't suppose to be housed with rabbits as rabbits can hurt GP's and if a rabbit was to kick, or accidently sit on them it can break there bones.

Take care x

Sorry for your loss, were the pigs outside? The cold may have killed them if they were snuggled up, probably for warmth x

Sadly I have to agree with the other members.Gps cannot stand the cold as well as rabbits,so this is a possibility.Rabbits can cause lethal damage to gps and should never be housed together.It is possible that the rabbit attacked them.,or even accidently crushed them.
Rabbits have different dietary needs to gps,which is another reason they should not be housed together.
I am sorry for your loss.

Sorry to hear about this. Were they very young guineas and how long had they been in with the rabbit?

So sorry for your loss. :'( :'(

the guinea pigs were just gone 3 years old on 6th november and they've been in with the bunny for about 6 months

I wondered if they were very young and hadn't been with the bunny for long but obviously not. It's very strange that they both died at the same time.

Yes it is.,which is why I am wondering if the bunny sat on them and smothered them.

Was the rabbit female?
Because some female rabbits as they become sexually mature can become quite aggressive. Going back years ago my neighbours used to put there guineas in the run with their female rabbit, and she was fine, until one day when i was round playing with their daughter(!) the female bunny just start grunting and snorting and chasing the poor little Piggies around the run she was lunching for them and bucking at them, good job they had little tubes and flower pots to hid in, needless to say the rabbit never went in the run with them again.

I can remember being completely mortified and thinking female rabbits seemed nasty (though i do have a rabbit noe - who has a separate hutch and attatched run!)

Like the others i do find it odd how they both died together.

Were they getting to eat any of the food and drink?

Still i am sorry for your loss. x :'(

erm...my rabbit is female....

but the night before they died i had them all out together in my front room and they were all very happy, and when i put them away too... so i'm wondering whats happened?

R.I.P My babies i miss you! :'( :'( :-* :-* :'( :'( :-* :-*

Its likely that it was cold and if the rabbit liked them she might have sat on them too keep them warm and suffocated them?
I'm very sorry for your loss :'(

dreamer07 said:
erm...my rabbit is female....

but the night before they died i had them all out together in my front room and they were all very happy, and when i put them away too... so i'm wondering whats happened?
R.I.P My babies i miss you! :'( :'( :-* :-* :'( :'( :-* :-*

So sorry for your loss thats terrible. :'(

Just wondering could it be anything to do with temperature difference if they were inside the night before then back out in the cold. Could it be they were warm inside then cold out and it was too much for them.

Thinking of you. x

I think its either that they froze to death or the temperature change did them damage too. I dont really think the rabbit had much to do with it just because the pigs were cuddled together, this suggests to me that they were trying to get warm :( x

SO so sorry to hear about you're little piggies, how sad for you :'( :'( :'(
RIP Chocolate and Squeak run free at the bridge 0:) 0:) 0:) 0:) 0:) there's lots of guineas to play with and fresh green grass to munch on :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back