my grandads amazing wood skills!

• Thread starter Thread starter CharlottiesPiggies
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

CharlottiesPiggies

My grandad made my four a wooden house, with a roof and everything, its to replace the delapidated (spelling?) cardboard house, it looks fantastic and its crammed full of snuggly hay ;D

will get pics and post tommorrow evening, I'm gonna get a fine liner thing and write HOME SWEET HOME on the side next to the door :smitten:

lol i will get some when i get back from work :D piggies love it, i had to fob them off earlier because they were begging to get back in!

newhousevp5.jpg
- you can see a little Merry nose in the doorway.
breakfastwq4.jpg
- breakfast time!

he made it from external plywood, so it can go out in the summer too and its protected from the weather.

as far as i know, its quite thick however, so its not very easy to chew,

No, its not safe for them to chew....justy be careful of the egdes, they look quite sharp :)

I made one from thick ply and the guinea pigs have not eaten it! ps give Grandad a pat on the back good job!

Thats really good! O0 I 'll get my dad onto to making me one! LOL

Sarah

yeh its lovely, the piggies are v warm in there, in the morning u stick your hand in and its like a mini-sauna ^-^

Looks perfect and certainly not sharp not that i can see anyway !

Enjoy looks great ! does he take orders !

Ive been trying to persuade my hubby to make me some small houses for mine to go in the shed hutches gonna have to keep sweet talking him i think !

I check it everyday for chews and stuff, nothing so far, we make it for the horses, its like lotsa strong things like tabasco and it prevents horses chewing wood, however i dont think it would be good for piggies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back