My girls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laure

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Sorry for the delay everyone I have Finlay got my act together and posted some pics......

Just to recap the story....

Fluffy cage mate had died about 6 weeks ago (she was 5 and died peacefully in her sleep) and Fluffy was getting increasingly depressed on her own. I found 2 young sows locally and after being quarantined and introduced they now live happily together. It's great to see fluffy interacting again. She is so much more active that she had been for a long time (she is 5 too!)! I think that's the benefit of living with youngsters! I do have to add though that Fluffy is obviously the boss!

Sorry for the bad picture quality but the little ones are hard to capture!

IMG_0164.jpg

The old girl Fluffy!

IMG_0165.jpg

IMG_0168.jpg

the little ones

IMG_0166.jpg

living together

Aww gorgeous! I love Fluffy, what is she? A tri-coloured rex? So cute and she is huge or is it just that the babes are little?

:smitten:

Louise
:)

Thanks Louise.
I don't know what Fluffy is actually I think she is just a mixture. She does have slightly curly and quite wiry hair..... so maybe some rex in her. I'd be interested to find out what everyone thinks.

She is huge, though the babies are very small (about 9 weeks) so she will look big in comparison to her.
She's also had ovarian cysts on and off for the last couple of year. She is getting hormone treatment for them but they do make her look on the wide side.....
They don't seem to be affecting her quality of life however. She is very happy lady. So I have decided against having her spayed which is what most of the vets have recommended. I think she is too old to go through the operation.
I love her to bits, she is a very special lady to me! :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Laure

It's a tough decision getting a pig spayed or neutered. I agree she is probably too old to go through that and it's a risky op. I was looking for a spayed sow for my Sheltie Cuzzy who doesn't like my boys but they are few and far between and those I've enquired about I've heard nothing back. I was worried about neutering him but now I think I have to put my fears to one side and think of what is best for him, I have two Sows that would get on with him and I'd like to put him with them, I'm still weighing it all up and reading lots on it! :)

Take care,

Louise
:)

How old is he?
It seems that castrations are more common on boars that sows. That probably means that vets are more used to doing them which is reassuring for you.
I just didn't want to put her though it at her age but if Cuzzy is young then he should be fine. Would be nice for him to have a girlfriend too! :)

Cuzzy is almost 5 months, I've read the best time is 4-5 months but not sure if that is right. My two girls are quite shy so I thought Cuzzy may help them come out of themselves a bit, again I'm not sure if that would work but I'm going to post up about it when I've done a list of my questions. I'll ring the vet tomorrow and see what he/she says we have a number of lovely vets at the practise so hopefully they have done a few neutering.

Fluffy is a gorgeous old lady, you sound so proud when you talk (type?) about her and quite right too! :smitten:

The little 'uns are gorgeous too! What lovely photos! :smitten:

I am very proud of her. I personally have been through a lot over the last 5 years and she has been my contant, she always cheers me up. Even now that she is old and has more health problems than before she still hangs in there. I am also very proud of how she has welcome the new additions into her cage. I must admit that was a bit of a worry but she is great with them. I call her big mama! ;D

aww fluffy is lovely and so are the two babies :) its great they all get along so well

Fluffy is gorgeous, the newbies are cute too. :smitten: :smitten:
They are lucky girls, they obviously have a proud mummy who loves them alot. :smitten: :smitten:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back