My Boys Came On Tuesday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamjarpigs

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
image.webp image.webp image.webp image.webp image.webp I adopted Penfold (Ginger) and Remus (black and ginger) and they were dropped off on Tuesday. Loving their new c and c and more of a variety of veg than they were used to! They're still a little unsure of people despite previously being family pets, but I'm going to put that down to being in a new place. Any tips on making them feel more comfortable?
Since taking them to the vets on Wednesday night I've planned to clean their grease glands soon, do people think I should do it with them both in the bathroom or will they be okay leaving the room one at a time?

Hi! Your boys are cute!

You may find our collection of tips via this link here helpful in settling in your boys and having as smooth a start as possible.
It also includes a guide on boar care. You do not need to clean the grease gland unless necessary - do it too often, and it can go into overdrive! I would just include it in the weekly check-up. The grease gland is not equally active/overactive in all guinea pigs and and not all the time. it is doing a vital job in keeping the skin smooth and the hairs oiled to repel water and keep the guinea pig warm. If that is working as it should, there is not need to interfere!
" Starter Kit" Of Information Threads For New Owners

Hello and welcome. Penfold and Remus are very handsome boys.

Congrats on your new piggies! They're gorgeous! I love the crazy fluffiness of Remus and Penfold just looks like a total sweety.

Hi! Your boys are cute!

You may find our collection of tips via this link here helpful in settling in your boys and having as smooth a start as possible.
It also includes a guide on boar care. You do not need to clean the grease gland unless necessary - do it too often, and it can go into overdrive! I would just include it in the weekly check-up. The grease gland is not equally active/overactive in all guinea pigs and and not all the time. it is doing a vital job in keeping the skin smooth and the hairs oiled to repel water and keep the guinea pig warm. If that is working as it should, there is not need to interfere!
" Starter Kit" Of Information Threads For New Owners

Thankyou all! They're beautiful right, I'm so lucky! Vet said the grease glands on both were pretty active and to wash the grease off. Its a big buildup that's actually visible, particularly on Penfold.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back