My boys came home!

thedosboys

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hi it's been awhile, I have recently just brought home and adopted two guinea pigs named Diego and Manny.

They settled well in their new pen, the carrier I bought was a bit small so they were a little squished but they made the trip safely.

Diego has nibbled my hand and ate out of it. Manny is a little nervous so he runs and hides.

I also keep hearing a like purring/rumbling noise from them (I don't know which one) and I know this can mean they are annoyed or trying to assert dominance, is there a point where I would have to separate them?

They have eaten, drank and slept in front of me so I think that's a sign of trust.

Here's a bunch of pictures 😁IMG_20231012_064603291.webp

IMG_20231012_064345958.webpIMG_20231011_183839665.webpIMG_20231011_063815876.webpIMG_20231010_121609556.webp

Hi and welcome back

Welcome to your gorgeous new boys!

They are obviously busy setting up their new group in their new territory with you in the coming ca. 2 weeks, in which you will see the mandatory dominance behaviours as they do so. What you are reporting is very much on the mild side and just what you want to see.

Here are some helpful mostly new guide links for you:
New Guinea Pigs: How to Best Manage Arrival and Settling In

A - Z of Guinea Pig Behaviours
Dominance Behaviours In Guinea Pigs

What gorgeous boys. Purring or rumbling is a very normal sound of both male and females and is not threatening or aggressive so don’t worry. never separate unless a serious fight breaks out and blood was drawn, so relax you are seeing normal behaviour in a bonded pair of boys

What cute boys! Congrats! :D it looks like they are bonding quite well. Rumble-strutting is totally normal, just dominant behavior. They are too adorable!

Back