• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

My boy has wonky teeth :(

moodysuzy

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi all,

I noticed a few days ago that Prawn’s teeth were wonky - conindicentally we were at the vets on Thursday and she gave him a look over, noticed his wonky teeth and tried to look at his back teeth.

Unfortunately he had an entire mouth full of food so she couldn’t see anything - were going back in a week and a half so she can have another look.

I’m so scared he’s going to need dental treatment. He’s a special pig, he’s blind in one eye and has epilepsy and I just don’t want another thing to go wrong for him.

He’s maybe lost a tiny bit of weight - he fluctuates between 1000g and 1150g normally though and he’s at 1050g atm. He eats totally fine and I’m not otherwise worried at all.

We have to wait until the week after next to take him back cos we’re away getting married next week and as he’s not losing weight and eating ok the vet said it was fine to wait, but tbh I’m not sure I can handle waiting that long!

Attachments

• IMG_9741.webp
    IMG_9741.webp
    25.6 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_9738.webp
    IMG_9738.webp
    43.7 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_9740.webp
    IMG_9740.webp
    27.7 KB · Views: 14
I’m sorry Prawns teeth are wonky. If he’s eating ok and not losing weight then I’d say you can leave it a while. I’d keep an eye on his weight though. Good luck I hope it’s something easily treatable.

Back