• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Murphy had his op today

Status
Not open for further replies.

lindsay7

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Another Murphy update.

Just to let you all know my Murphy was neutered today. I picked him up just after 2 this afternoon he has come through it well. Bless him he also had a little lump removed from his tummy at the same time. The vet said the lump was nothing to worry about. O0

He is in his cosey in his cage as i type he looks soooo tired bless him. He keeps popping his head out for a nibble of his favourite Romaine lettuce. Lots of poops going on as well which is a good sign. He has to go back on friday for a check up.

Lindsay x

Aw glad he's come through well! Fingers crossed he continues to get better :) how long til Cloe is old enough to come and live with him? x

jnenbnb said:
Aw glad he's come through well! Fingers crossed he continues to get better :) how long til Cloe is old enough to come and live with him? x

I think she is about 4 weeks so another 2 to 4 weeks. Graham said that he will hold on to her as long as we need. Not sure how long to leave Murphy as some say leave them 4 weeks some say 6 after the op. What do you think?

Just been into check on him and he is out of his cosey and munching hay out of his rack he is even on his back legs reaching up for it out of the top rather than pulling it out of the bottom. He looks really awake now. Bless him expected him to be off his feet for a few days. :smitten:

I have heard 3 weeks is more than enough time, I *think* Karenrgpr on here puts hers with a sow after 2 weeks. Hope Murphy continues to keep well :)

Yep the rescue i got Ralfie from said to give him another week to two weeks and he'd been done a week but i gave it three just incase :) go with what Karen says :) x

jnenbnb said:
Yep the rescue i got Ralfie from said to give him another week to two weeks and he'd been done a week but i gave it three just incase :) go with what Karen says :) x
OOOOOH sounds like she can move in quicker than i thought. :)

Glad Murphy is doing well.

When I had Chewy done we left him 2 wheeks before we introduced his wife and all worked out ok, though I have heard that they should be left 4 wheeks as they still have some fertile stuff left but not sure if that is true. Your vet should be able to advise you - best to be safe if his new wife is gona be a youngster as would not want her pregnant too young. ;)

Aww really pleased Murphy is doing well! Bless him! I'm quite smitten with him! He's been through a lot lately, lets hope he can now find a lovely girlfriend in the next couple of weeks! :D

Thankyou for the pm love O0

awwww Murphy we've been thinking of you all night, special healing wheeks came your way at 2am this morning too :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Glad everything went well with Murphy
Will tell Chloe she is soon meeting a handsom young man ::)

Just found this thread!

Awww.... so glad he seems to have got through it ok O0 great news he's eating his hay - good boy Murphy!

Sending you both my best wishes :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

PiggyLoon said:
Just found this thread!

Awww.... so glad he seems to have got through it ok O0 great news he's eating his hay - good boy Murphy!

Sending you both my best wishes :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Thanks alot. Got up this morning and he seems back to normal wide awake and rearing to go. He leaped out of his cage at breakfast for a run round the kitchen. Cant believe how he has got over it as i said he was eating last night fine. Never been through it before so i didnt know what to expect i thought he would be off it for a few days. Bless him he is so brave :smitten:

Re: Murphy's up and running about again on day 2!

Black Jack said:
Awwww! That's great news that he's back in full throttle so soon! O0

He is such a star and has to be one of the tamest piggies ever. Should see the way he strutts around our house it looks so cute, and when he has his wife with him in a few weeks how cute will they look. :smitten:

Murphy sound like a piggie i know :smitten: never put out by much! Well done Murphy and so glad he's come through finr for you Lindsay :)

Re: Murphy's up and running about again on day 2!

lindsay7 said:
Black Jack said:
Awwww! That's great news that he's back in full throttle so soon! O0

He is such a star and has to be one of the tamest piggies ever. Should see the way he strutts around our house it looks so cute, and when he has his wife with him in a few weeks how cute will they look. :smitten:

Awww! Bless 0:)

Aww, lucky Murphy getting a girlfriend! :smitten:

My vet says to keep the separated for 6 weeks. Should I ignore him then?

Damonshumanslave said:
Aww, lucky Murphy getting a girlfriend! :smitten:

My vet says to keep the separated for 6 weeks. Should I ignore him then?

I've always thought it was safe at four weeks post op but I'd go with the Vet's advice personally. (You don't want any unwanted pregnancies!)

CCT recommend 2 wheeks, I have always done 2 wheeks, Cheryl at Sprowston leaves 2 wheeks, 4 wheeks is medically impossible I think if I remember rightly. Basically its so all the sperm can dry up and wounds can heal- so it could be a wheek but that would be foolish :)

I've never had any unwanted pregnancies from this.

erm six weeks is usually for me (human i mean) ::) ::) as long as they've dried up...

so considering the difference i dont see why the 3-4 weeks max should be fine :-\

Sending you heaps of special loves from me little guy, and Duke sends lots of manly brrrrrrrrrrrrr's for you :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back