• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Mucus in poop?

Queenjellybeany

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hello all!

My 3 year old pig keeps getting tummy problems and I’m not sure what to do?

Every now and then (like every other month so?) she’ll squeak when she poops like she’s constipated and can’t get it out. When she does push, her poo is normally quite wet and sticky?

Today she was struggling to poop, she eventually did and there was a piece of yellow mucus stuck to the poo?

I took her vets before and they said it looks like just a nervous/stress thing, but they said I could get her X-rayed if I suspected something more?

I’m unsure what to do to help so if anyone has had it before it would help a lot!

Ive seen youve posted about this a few times now and that your vets are cat and rabbit. Given they are one of the best vets, all we can suggest is as it is continuing then to go back to them and have them carry out other checks to see if they can find whether there might be something medical going on

Are you keeping her off veg, giving a probiotic etc? Are her weight checks all stable?

Good luck at the vets. I hope they can find out what’s wrong. 🤞

Hello all!

My 3 year old pig keeps getting tummy problems and I’m not sure what to do?

Every now and then (like every other month so?) she’ll squeak when she poops like she’s constipated and can’t get it out. When she does push, her poo is normally quite wet and sticky?

Today she was struggling to poop, she eventually did and there was a piece of yellow mucus stuck to the poo?

I took her vets before and they said it looks like just a nervous/stress thing, but they said I could get her X-rayed if I suspected something more?

I’m unsure what to do to help so if anyone has had it before it would help a lot!
I wonder if you found out what was going on and can provide an update? My guinea pig is having similar issues. Thanks!

Back