• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Mr Tiggy may have a bladder stone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

furryfriends (TEAS)

Forum Founder
Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Director at TEAS (East Hunsbury) Northampton
I have just taken Mr Tiggy to vets. We had noticed that he was crying when weeing and had blood in his urine. The vet had a good feel of his bladder and thinks he can feel a stone. Mr Tiggy is going in on Wednesday to have an x-ray and if a stone is there then he will be having an operation to remove it! :( On a positive note, my vet is very experienced in removing bladder stones and was showing me some which he has removed from guinea pigs.

I just feel we are having one thing after another at the moment! :(

The vet is so nice and has said Mr Tiggy can take Joe, his son, in with him as they live together and hate to be apart!

Sorry to hear this. However, I am glad you have such a good and nice vet, who is experienced with guineas. Keep us updated. :( :)

Gee Debbie more to deal with :( <hugs>
Come on Mr. Tiggy you do all the right things and let the nice vet get rid of that horrid stone :tickedoff: :tickedoff:
Cuddles and piggie kisses from us all :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Will let you know how it goes tomorrow! Although it seems to hurt him to wee he still seems happy and is eating well! I am so hoping that the vet is wrong and it isn't a stone. He is so good though I will be surprised if he's wrong!

ahhhh hope all goes well for him and what a lovley vet letting his son go in with him for company I beleive that will only help his recovery, it comes like that Debbie one thing after another, I know the feeling well, but have a good feeling he will be fine, try not to worry too much,

Michellemuffin♥ said:
ahhhh hope all goes well for him and what a lovley vet letting his son go in with him for company I beleive that will only help his recovery, it comes like that Debbie one thing after another, I know the feeling well, but have a good feeling he will be fine, try not to worry too much,

Thanks Michelle - I hope you're right. He's a lovely little man. A proper gentleman! :) He really loves his son Joe and i'm so pleased he can go in with him.

We are so lucky to have found such a kind, thoughtful vet who has so much experience with guinea pigs. :)

Poor Mr Tiggy :( Good Luck tomorrow Debbie, ill be thinking about you & I think it's wonderful Joe can go with him, your vet really is good :)

Leaving in a few minutes to take Mr Tiggy into the vets. :( I hope he will be ok. I worry so much. Will have to keep myself busy all day. I guess with 3 and then later in the day 4 children around, it might help keep my mind off things.

We'll be crossing our paws and thinking of you all, good luck at the vets love.
Mr. Tiggy these are for you :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

am thinking of you and him and as i said have good feelings he will be fine and having his son with him will only help :-* :-* one each for him and Joe for being there for his dad hugs for you Debbie its another thing for you to worry about , its no good me saying dont worry but try to think good things and let us know when you know am worrying about Kelly and Uncle Ton as well, hope the kids are good for you today , ;)

furryfriends said:
I dropped him off about 11 am. He's got Joe with him :) Now trying to keep myself busy for next few hours. Will let you know as soon as I hear.

Thinking of you

Mr Tiggy has had his op. There was a large stone in his bladder which the vet was able to remove. Part of the stone had started to break off and had got stuck in his urethra however he has managed to clear all of this. We were also told that Mr Tiggy is coming round well, quiet, but hes a quiet lad anyways.

We will be ringing back at 5:30pm and if everything is ok, we will be collecting him at 6:30pm :)

thats wonderful news your vet was spot on with his diagnoisis hope he does well and comes home tonight with Joe :smitten: :smitten:

Michellemuffin♥ said:
thats wonderful news your vet was spot on with his diagnoisis hope he does well and comes home tonight with Joe :smitten: :smitten:

He is a very very good vet - We really do recommend him to anybody that lives around the midlands - takes us 30mins to get there but it is def worth it :)

Get well soon Mr Tiggy. What area is the vet in ? I am in Birmingham and at the moment I never see the same vet twice as they are using locums . The last vet thay was OK with pggies left 12 months ago.

The vet is in Duston, Northamptonshire.

I have made a sticky on this board (Health and Illness) with the details of the vet I go to.

Well he's home and has been eating some grass and celery and a bit of carrot. :) Joe is looking after him so well. He has been cuddling him and seeing Joe eating seems to be encouraging Mr. Tiggy to eat too. The vet gave us the stone. I think Ellie has taken a pic of it and will post it later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back