Moving The Piggies Into The Garage

Status
Not open for further replies.

StannyUK

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I hate this time of year as it means putting the girls in the garage. It is clean and well ventilated but not much natural light gets in so I leave the light on for them :)

As my fiancee and I are professionals we are out all day and hence cant let the girls get their excerise. I thought about setting up something in the garage so they can at least stretch their legs during the day. Could anyone recommend anything? I have a large run which I could fit in their but I dont want them on the floor as the floor is dusty (not excessively but all garages have dust!). The only other thing I can do is bring them into the house or conversatory for a while but I dont want to keep moving them from the house to the garage as I dont think its far.

Any suggestions from you lovely ladies?

mine are free range in their shed apart from bedtime,I've covered my floor with lino ....maybe you could get an old off cut of lino the size of your run,then fill with your usual bedding? just an idea ;)

Lino is brilliant!
I use it on the bottom of my playpen. I cut into the corners and folded them up, so that it is like a big tray. Works perfectly. It's really waterproof too.

My shed floor is covered in Lino its easy to clean ;) if you put some hay down for them it would be fine for them to run around :)

DSC00654.jpg

They are in the workshop part of the garage its got two windows so they get lots of light. I work office hours but my Other half works shifts so the girls are only without someone around either the morning or the afternoon.

I line the hutch floor with paper then hay and they have vet bed on the bedroom floor with two houses inside that are covered in fleece blankets and they have a snuggle safe heat pad put in at night. The floor of the run is covered with lino to make easy cleaning.

This is my girls old winter set up. This is where Trinny and Susannah lived then i got them a new house mate Honey Bayou to live with them and we have now got a bigger hutch for them with similar set up. Not got any pics of that yet. :)

lindsay7 said:
DSC00654.jpg

They are in the workshop part of the garage its got two windows so they get lots of light. I work office hours but my Other half works shifts so the girls are only without someone around either the morning or the afternoon.

I line the hutch floor with paper then hay and they have vet bed on the bedroom floor with two houses inside that are covered in fleece blankets and they have a snuggle safe heat pad put in at night. The floor of the run is covered with lino to make easy cleaning.

This is my girls old winter set up. This is where Trinny and Susannah lived then i got them a new house mate Honey Bayou to live with them and we have now got a bigger hutch for them with similar set up. Not got any pics of that yet. :)

that is just awesome! I wish we had the space to do that in the house, I'm considering fleece for the garage floor as my piggies have a habit of sitting in their own pee, many time I have picked one up when they are scooting around the conversatory to feel they have wet bellies! 98)

Wow Lindsay that looks ace, I was going to be a copycat but my hutch wont fit in the run and I cant think of anything else to put around it?

I think that you should house your piggies inside! Also nice cage but u no that you can use fleece as bedding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back