Moving Outside? Unsure?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kim3

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
My two girls are now 4 months old and are living in a two tier wooden hutch in conservatory but its gettin warm in the afternoon sun in there so is it safe to put them outside now? I'm worried about the night time temperature drops. What do u all think?

My four girls are outside and doing fine. As long as you have a cover to keep them cosier during the night and protect them from any rain and wind, they'll be fine. :)

I have a transparent bench cover that will fit is that ok just for night time?

If it will keep the wind, rain and drafts out then yes. :) Make sure they have plenty of hay and hideys to snuggle in and keep warm.

Yes the bench cover will be fine for night time and for when the English weather is really bad, to stop any rain getting in.

I agree with the above. Are they used to going out at all? As long as they are well protected they should be fine at this time as year.

No they haven't been out before. We r goin to do it now still unsure tho! These pigs cause more worry than my children!

Well they didnt like it and after six hours of hiding in their houses only comin out for food we decided to put them bak in the conservatory and within 2 mins they were both down the ramp and i saw smudge popcorning! Maybe we will try again on another day?

When my girls first went out they were like that. New smells and sounds will make them nervous to begin with but you'll find they soon get used to it!

I have moved my girls into a new hutch still outside in the same shed but when I got up this morning they had not moved all night, not even to eat the veg I had given them. I moved them to the bottom of the hutch and they have now managed to venture out. They really do not like change but they will get used to it eventually after some sulking. Just preserve with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back