Moving Inside?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tabithakat64

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
The piggies will eventually moving into the unoccupied garage under the large window. There current hutch is next to house in sheltered are with a cover on and the run is in a sheltered part of the garden.

When should I move them inside?

They are between 1 and 2 years old and in good health and long coated, they also feel cosy still at the moment

Mine live indoors all year round, so can't offer much advice, sorry. My feeling is that if your garage is unoccupied and ready for them why not move them in before it gets much colder at nights and during the day? I sure they'd appreciate it!

Garage needs clearing out first. If I move them in will they still be able to go in the outdoors run for a few hours when the weather is sunny and dry?

Garage needs clearing out first. If I move them in will they still be able to go in the outdoors run for a few hours when the weather is sunny and dry?
The weather is a bit hit and miss at the mo but we're in for a bad winter I keep hearing I don't think you will get them outside much sadly, if it a very mild day eg not wet/damp (and the grass isn't wet) or too windy you should be fine maybe just for a short while eg an hour or less, the main thing is the change in warmth to the cold and vice versa so if you have a nice warm house and it's on the chill side out there don't put them out. You could look into getting one of those pop up runs to use indoors during the winter :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back