Moving house!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
My piggies have been living in the utility room for a year but they are causing me problems with my allergies :'( So I have bought them a large outside hutch, one of those double decker ones with a run underneath.

I feel so guilty about making them move outside, but I think it's best to get the move done before it gets really cold, so they can acclimatise. I have bought a raincover to fit the hutch but it hasn't come yet.

I am thinking of moving them tomorrow morning. I'll give them lots of straw in their bed area to snuggle up, what else can I do to keep them warm?

I feel so guilty about moving them, but it's either that or rehome them :'(

Did you figure out what exactly it was you were allergic to? Shavings are quite bad if you use those and certain types of hay are very dusty. Or is it the pigs themselves?

Can't you keep them in and just change their bedding :)

There's nothing I'm not allergic too, and anyway they eat hay so there's no way of avoiding that.

Anyway I've spent £80 on a hutch and cover now ::)

That's a shame :'( mine are outside in a shed,I've got heat pads for when it gets really cold,they love them :smitten:,and they stay hot for about 10 hours,maybe you could get 1 for your piggies :)

Sounds like a good idea. I'm thinking of vetbed too, that might help.

Have you a shed that you could put the hutch inside? it got very cold now to be putting them out from inside a utility room.

we've just changed over to vetbed and my nieces chest is much better! its so much easier to work with too...
you could always sell the hutch....

even if the piggies are outside youre still going to have to work with the hay so wouldnt it be better to try and change the woodshavings first to see if it helps?

it might be very difficult for them to aclimatize to the outside.... :-\

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back