Moving guinea pigs inside

KLM23

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hi we have had our girls since June in a large outside hutch and run. They have lots of straw, a cover and heat pads but 8 am concerned they are cold so I am moving them inside.

We have the ferplast plaza 140 arriving tomorrow. Is there anything I need to consider when moving them in? Will they be ok with change in temp?

It is going to be a bit of a temperature change (bringing them in is usually recommended earlier in autumn when outside and inside temperatures are more similar) but itll hopefully be ok - bringing them in is definitely the right thing to do.

Hi we have had our girls since June in a large outside hutch and run. They have lots of straw, a cover and heat pads but 8 am concerned they are cold so I am moving them inside.

We have the ferplast plaza 140 arriving tomorrow. Is there anything I need to consider when moving them in? Will they be ok with change in temp?

If possible take the temperature inside the hutch and then gradually warm up the indoors surroundings. Guinea pigs don't do well with sudden huge temperature jumps.

But you are definitely doing the right thing! Guinea pigs should be treated like tender plants.

You can find lots more tips and advice in this thread here: Cold Weather Care For Guinea Pigs

You can find lots more helpful information, including a hot weather guide in this link here, which is worth bookmarking: Getting Started - New Owners' Most Helpful Guides

Back