• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Mouth sores

• Thread starter Thread starter mum
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it probably is as apples is one thing Spice will eat at the moment and Zippy is his friend.I have started taking Spice out to eat them .

Some fruits are very acidic and can cause sores round their mouth, so these should be given very sparingly and cut up small to minimise the risk. I think www.gorgeousguineas.co.uk do a cream or gel for these sores. Email Chrissie at gg and she will be able to advise, she is very quick to respond :)

Sometimes the scabs heal up just by cutting out the apples/tomatoes/beetroot. Yes, GG do a cream too :)

Ouch :(
Sorry to hear about Zippy's mouth sore :(
Healing wheeks and crossing our paws that they go quickly with treatment, good luck :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

karenrgpr said:
Sometimes the scabs heal up just by cutting out the apples/tomatoes/beetroot. Yes, GG do a cream too :)

I don't agree with cutting out beetroot because Misty's mouth sores have gone away since hes started eating it. Vet says it could because it's full of antioxidants.

Its also acidic and can irritate some guineas mouths and needs to be removed from the diet (of some guineas, obviously not yours :) ) or cut up into chunks :)

My piggie, bee, had mouth sores last week which spread up to her nose, i cut out apple and it healed all by itself but i order galens green cream from GG which is still handy to have in i suppose, if it doesn't improve id suggest e-mailing chrissie at GG some pictures so she can advise whats best to treat it x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back