🐁🐭 we have a visitor

Spaghetti & Noodles

Forum Donator 2024/25
Reaction score
So it seems we have a visitor to the pig shed, have just had to bin the peaflakes as it has clearly been enjoying those! Spotted it on the piggie cam!
It was having a lovely time running around the run, I will try to block the hole where I think it has got In but do I need to worry?

Assuming mouse not rat? They can spread some diseases and their urine can be quite strong smelling. Mice can attract rats.

I've lined my whole shed with 13mm galvanized mesh to prevent anything getting in even if there's no obvious gaps. If the wood warps you then already have protection there, you wont need to go back and touch up so to speak.

Assuming mouse not rat? They can spread some diseases and their urine can be quite strong smelling. Mice can attract rats.

I've lined my whole shed with 13mm galvanized mesh to prevent anything getting in even if there's no obvious gaps. If the wood warps you then already have protection there, you wont need to go back and touch up so to speak.
Yes mouse, think I might have to pop a trap in there and block the hole.

Please don't use a mouse trap. My father used to use them all the time and it's such a horrible way to go and a lot of mice don't die instantly. I remember removing the mice from traps as a child.

If you've got to trap it please use a humane one which keeps it alive so you can release it elsewhere.

Back