Mouse proof mesh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kayjay

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Any idea what size mesh I can get that mice can't get through? And where I can get it from?

I gather mice can squeeze in a gap just 5mm across so the mesh would have to be very fine, I think. Sorry no use with where to get it.

I think mice are better kept in a plastic cage, in a cool stored area. As new piggies said it isn't very much for a mouse to squeeze through a tiny space.

Hope I helped.

♥Ali-loves-piggies♥ said:
I think mice are better kept in a plastic cage, in a cool stored area. As new piggies said it isn't very much for a mouse to squeeze through a tiny space.

Hope I helped.

I think they are asking to put the mesh on the pig cage so mice can't get in - not because they are building a mouse cage?

I'm not too sure, but I'm sure people have mentioned it before...will have a look around for you.

I once had a pet mouse and he could get through everthing, for example, if yo staped a biro through a piece of paper, it would make a round hole the width of the pen, he would manage to squeze through it, if you wanted to mouse proof your hutches, how would you attach the water bottle?

Tom_cat said:
I once had a pet mouse and he could get through everthing, for example, if yo staped a biro through a piece of paper, it would make a round hole the width of the pen, he would manage to squeze through it, if you wanted to mouse proof your hutches, how would you attach the water bottle?

You could make a hole the width of the spout which, once attached, would fill the space so no mice could get in ;)

Also after a while woudnt a mouse be able to chew a hole through the mesh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back