lavender91

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
So I have 2 sow about 2 to 2 1/2 years and age and my piggle popper keeps trying to mount her sister (we have no actual idea of they are related they were in the same incloser when we got them) baby girl the sow that's being humped is yelling and squeaking like back off my a** and the other sow popper who is the creepy humper is slowly walking around with her body low and rumble strutting at her. Is this normal or should I be worried also popper keeps like walking up to baby girl and sniffing behind her ear. I have no idea what's going on please help.

So I have 2 sow about 2 to 2 1/2 years and age and my piggle popper keeps trying to mount her sister (we have no actual idea of they are related they were in the same incloser when we got them) baby girl the sow that's being humped is yelling and squeaking like back off my a** and the other sow popper who is the creepy humper is slowly walking around with her body low and rumble strutting at her. Is this normal or should I be worried also popper keeps like walking up to baby girl and sniffing behind her ear. I have no idea what's going on please help.

Hi

You are dealing with a strong season which should over by tonight. They can be very loud and dramatic but no piggy will come to any harm.
When Sows Experience A Strong Season (videos)

If Popper continues to be very hormonal, antagonistic or seems to be having a nonstop season and starts to gradually lose weight, then please see your vet for hormonal ovarian cysts. They are at their most active between 2-4 years; later in life the silent, fluid filled take over.

Here is more information on seasons and ovarian cysts, symptoms and treatment options: Sow Problems 'Down Below' (Ovarian Cysts, Super-seasons, Womb Infection, Pregnancy & Mammary Tumours)

I have a vet appointment next week but I needed to know if I should bring it up to them

I would think that it would be worth a quick palpitation check for ovarian cysts when you are seeing your vet with Popper anyway.

Have you noticed any crusty nipples? They are the most commn sign of hormones on the march.

Not that I know of ill look next time I hold her
I would think that it would be worth a quick palpitation check for ovarian cysts when you are seeing your vet with Popper anyway.

Have you noticed any crusty nipples? They are the most commn sign of hormones on the march.

Not that I know of ill look next time I hold her

She can have ovarian cyst without physical symptoms; that is actually more common than not. Or it can just have been a one-off strong season. I would still recommend to ask your vet next time she is seen to have a quick look. It is not an emergency but worth keeping an eye on. ;)

Back