• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Mouldy ears?

• Thread starter Thread starter Racheylcg
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Racheylcg

I think Milly has some kind of mould on the edge of her ears.
Theres not loads but theres a faint greeny brown edge to it.
She's had it since I got her but a week ago I saw my friends new piggy and she's got pink ears like Milly but he doesnt have it.
Is it a fungal infetion?
Or is it just normal?

Yes .a pic would be helpful.Bathe the ears with warm salt water and see how much comes off.Do not rub at them though because this could cause soreness.

Email Chrissie at GG with a pic if possible.She will be able to tell you whether it is fungal,and advise on treatment.

In the meantime,if you think it is fungal you could rub some Caneston cream onto the affected area.

Milly.jpg
[/img]

I'm sorry this is a REALLY fuzzy photo but its the best I can do.
You can just make out a browny grey line along the edge. While I was waiting for replies I waas just looking at some of the pics on here and a few of the pigs have them too. Sokel's piggy Bonny has one (I cant remeber the name of the thread but its in photo gallery) and a few others do. I think its just dirt but I'm not sure. Usually I'd check her but theyre in the shed and its too cold to take them in so I'll check on saturday when I next wrap up warm and go and give them a good cuddle.

I think you may find it's dirt. Like you say, have a look when it's not so cold.

When they get fungal it does often affect the ears and they end up with frilly ears in some cases ::) As JB says it may be dirt but I would give her a Melt (CocoNeem) and bath in Manuka and Neem just to be sure. I massage the Melt onto the ears (after doing a patch test) and wash off with shampoo suds then rinse. The Melts are really good for conditioning ears on fungal pigs :) If its not fungal it'll be a nice clean anyway :) Do make sure she's dry before she goes back out though, or just put the Melt on her ears so she doesn't need to get wet :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back