Morning Salad

Cute little piggy you got there! Can I ask, are all those veggies for him? Or does he have a cagemate? I ask because they only need about a cup per day. It's good the banana is only as a treat. Fruit should be once per week and only a small piece. Here's some guides with more detailed information.
Guinea pig diet
New owners guides

Last edited:
Cute little piggy you got there! Can I ask, are all those veggies for him? Or does he have a cagemate? I ask because they only need about a cup per day. It's good the banana is only as a treat. Fruit should be once per week and only a small piece. Here's some guides with more detailed information.
Guinea pig diet
New owners guides

They are all for him. Thanks for the info and I will give him less next time like you said!

I agree with the others.
This is a lot for a single piggy. He needs only one cup of veg per day. Also only one tablespoon of pellets per day (they should never have constant access to pellets, nor should they have much - the calcium content in them along with calcium in water can be a major contributor to bladder problems (always ensure drinking water is filtered))

Kale and parsley are too high in calcium to be fed at the same time or fed regularly. He can have one tiny amount of one of them once per week only.
Carrots and any fruit is also too high in sugar and should only be given in very small amounts and only as an occasional treat.

Back