• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Morgan has been to the vets again...

• Thread starter Thread starter spudnik
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

spudnik

morgan had a large lump on her which felt solid, i thought it was a tumour..but as i was getting her out to clean her cage today i noticed she didnt feel as big as usual and this lump had infact popped, she has a hole where it has come out of, it doesnt look infected or sore, and she doesnt seem in any pain with it luckily.. ive been given baytril for her, but she didnt mention bathing it..i cleaned her up with some hibbiscrub earlier just to keep her clean around the area..should i keep bathing her once a day aswell her having the baytril?

lets just hope thats the last of the lump now too! the vet said it felt more like a mass than any wall thickening where the puss stuff had come out of, and she didnt really know what else to do exceot give her baytril.

Oh dear poor gal, hope she gets better soon and it heals on its own and no more come 0:) Bless her :smitten:

Aw poor little thing! Was it an abscess? we were told to flush Ralfie's abscess twice daily to stop it getting bigger again. i cant remember the name of the solution we used, Karen knew the name. We used a syringe to do it and then put cream on. x

Where's the lump? Flushing with Baytril can help. If guinea can't reach it then you could pack with Manuka honey but the honey tastes good and piggies aren't bothered about licking it off, I worry they'll ingest some pus ::)

Yes to cleaning it, keep it open and let it heal from the inside.

Ringers or Hartmans with Baytril jnenbnb?

ok thanks!

the lump is under her teat on the left side, they were amazed at how old she was..she said they could test it by taking it out to see what it was but i said i didnt want her having an operation at 5 1/2 years old! she agreed with me though, and said thats fine but the only other thing to do was give her baytril.

just thought id update, morgan seems to be doing ok..shes still eationg fine, and the wound is staying clean with no sign of infection, although she is on baytril..i really wish vets would put a bit more than you need in the bottle because trying to tip the bottle up to syringe the last few drops up is a pain when you only have 2 hands! lol my vet measures it out and thats how much you get they dont add a bit more to make syringing it up a bit easier! shes only on the bayrtil for 3 more days now anyway luckily.

what are the chances of it re-filling etc?

Don't know, I don't understand what it was? Was it an abscess? They can develop pockets and get complicated but they usually clear up :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back