• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

More teeth troubles.....

• Thread starter Thread starter piglover
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
P

piglover

My Pooks is nearly five and last night I noticed that he was struggling with his tea; like he had been given a toffee. I grated his food and he ate it all somewhat slowly though and his poop is coming out in blobs rather than beans obviously because he is having trouble chewing, he also is having trouble drinking from his bottle so I gave him a bowl.
He does have trouble with impaction ( once a week we have to clear it). He is absolutely normal in EVERY other way and is eager to get his tea, as it has come on so suddenly I'm wondering if he has hurt his mouth by chewing on the bars as he is 'champion' at this! Anyway we have an appointment at 9.00am tomorrow with the vet. When I picked him up last night to see if I could see anything obvious he felt as light as a feather, I do pick him up regulalry to do his bum(last time Sunday) but wondered if I was just being paranoid?! hopefully we will get it sorted tomorrow

aww poor boy... hope it goes well at the vets and it all gets sorted for you guys! Good luck!

Thank you he is, as all our piggies are, a very special, cheeky little boy, there is a lot of teeth problems around at the moment is there?

Good luck with Pooks, poor little munchkin, i know what you're going thru :( :(
Lovely to hear somebody say how special they're furbabies are O0

The O'Meara practise in Surrey- will look out details for you- do dental work without anaesthetic. Its better to do something sooner rather than later.

Edit: Just seen you're going to the vets- could it be O'Meara's :embarassed:

Anne Taylor and Andy Bradnock of O'Mearas Vet.surgery,150,Kingston Road,Surrey

Yes thanks! We saw Andy - no fault found! Pookie is a verocious bar chewer and on SUnday he wouldn't give up! He is actually eating better today and Andy says he may of just pinched his mouth or something but his teeth are fine! Yah!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back