• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

mites!

• Thread starter Thread starter dawn82
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dawn82

hi everyone, on Saturday my next door neighbour came round and asked me if i would consider taking in a guinea pig as someone she knows had one and wasn't looking after it properly. (i know i said i am moving and shouldn't take any guineas until I'm settled in new house,) i said yes without having to having to think about it. so my neighbour said she would get it and bring it round to me on sunday.so i got the spare indoor cage and got it ready. so on sunday morning the neighbour arrived with this little scruffy bundle. she is so small i think about 6 weeks, i found out it was a girl so i named her sally. she is a black and gold Abby and is really sweet and quite tame, but she has mites, not to the point where she is pulling her fur out but she has got a few lumpy scabs so i have brought some lice shampoo from pampered piggies to bath her in. how long after bathing her should i check how the mites are?

awwwwwwwww well done :)

I think that a does of ivomec first would've been better :) Hmmmm I think you should check after a day or so?

Well done love, if not for you i hate to think what the poor little girl would be going thru :'(
Awwwwww i hope the treatment helps her pronto, she sounds like such a sweet little girl :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back