• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Mites...

• Thread starter Thread starter baby-wilson
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

baby-wilson

Angus has a pink mark behind his ear.... and it feels kind of gritty ? and last night he was itching himself all over! he went crazy :P ive looked through his fur and there doesnt seem to be any signs of mites... but I'm not completey sure what I'm looking for...

What are the signsand how do I now he has them for sure?
Also could he have spred them to WIlson and Cindy and the bubbies?

Thanks!

if it is mites and he shares a cage or run time with the others then it's almost a cert that he'll have spread it signs of a mite problem are thinning of the hair and bald patches. and you're piggie will each like mad best thing is to pop him down to the vet to make sure or just keep an eye on him to see if his skin gets worse if it is mites then youll have to have them all treated with ivomec (spot on)

Agree with everything Willowflower has said. I would disenfect/ wash all the cages, bedding, equipment etc, clean the room that they are in and treat them all. :)

:) thanks... well nobodyis thinning or getting bald patches... and its only really Angus that itches like crazy... could it be possible that his hair irritates him? Mum thinks it could be a 'strawberry birthmark' do piggies have birthmarks?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back