• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

mites

Status
Not open for further replies.

christine

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Can anyone reccomend a treatment for mites other than injections

i recommend the gorgeous guineas coconeem melt for mites. thats what ive used on my boys in the past

Beaphar do a spot on that works on mites,it contains ivomectin but if your pig weighs over 1kg then it doesn't give a large enough dose. The instructions on the back also say only dose them once a month but this won't get rid of the mites. It can take up to 5 treatments a week apart to be sure the pigs are cured depending on how serious their condition is.

vets recommend that spot on is used every 2 weeks and if it has not cleared up after 2 doses go back to the vet.

but personally id recommend going to the vet instead as spot on isnt that great. but i also recommend using Gorgeous guineas products too, if you dont know which to get send chrissie an email she is very helpful and can recommend the right product for your piggy, and they are fantastic, clear up the problem in no time

Mites must be treated with Ivomec/Ivermectin product. Mine have it orally, no need for injections :)

Thanks for your help piggy has had ivomec injection ,and I was just tryig to avoid that in the future.Am bathing piggies with head and shoulders as protection against fungal infections,and am going to try Prioderm in case of mites.

H+S is a fungal shampoo (dandruff). Prioderm is stuffed full of chemicals.

I would not use Priaderm or H ans S on my pigs.GG shampoos really do work,and they are chemical free.

email Chrisse on [email protected]

and she will advise you.There is also helpful info on her website re parasitic problems.

CocoNeem Melt and Manuka and Neem Shampoo work well together :) Ivermectin too though if its mites :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back