• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Mites *sigh*

• Thread starter Thread starter oOtearsinheavenOo
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
O

oOtearsinheavenOo

Well I've been to the vet and got Rocky and Luna chewing lice meds. The vet said that they were safe for her when she was pregnant and due soon, but what about with the little ones? Luna gave birth before I had a chance to dose her or Rocky, and now since she can finally reach her itchy spots again she's chewing herself raw. :( I want to get on it right away but I don't want to hurt the little babies.. they are only 6 hours old. Oh what to do what to do..

Let me know if you've had experiences with Lime Sulfur Dip.

if it were me i wouldnt treat them just yet,give the vet a call and ask them,see what they say?

Okay. That's kinda what I've been leaning towards.. but my poor luna is itching herself raw. :(

oOtearsinheavenOo said:
Okay. That's kinda what I've been leaning towards.. but my poor luna is itching herself raw. :(

tell the vet that too about Luna... :(

Well of course. As soon as she popped and her limps could reach herself to itch again she just dug in.. poor girl must be miserable.

oOtearsinheavenOo said:
Well of course. As soon as she popped and her limps could reach herself to itch again she just dug in.. poor girl must be miserable.

it must be awful for her :(

awww the poor love. I don't really know what to reccommend? Hmmm some cream maybe? Or even a small bandage or sock to cover the area and stop her maiking it worse then it is?

I can't advise cause we've not been thru this, but all i can say is that it sounds like you're doing all the right things and you've been given great advice O0
I hope by now you've been able to contact the vets and ask advice, if not ask your nearest rescue centre O0

Just treated her for her mites today and that kept her away from her babies for about an hour while the solution dried. I'm just hoping the babies don't ingest anything that I put on mum while they are suckling!

Not sure how i feel about the way Luna looks.. she's quite a mess. :( She's pulled out all the hair on her hind leg and it's bloody/puffy in some spots. She's doing it because of the lice but I just hope she settles down soon as I'm doing my best that I can with so much going on at once!

After i applied it, her eyes started looking a little milky.. and there was even some white liquid in them. Does anyone know what it is? I don't think the solution got in her eyes - I was very careful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back