• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Miss Bramble is visiting the vet tomorrow.

Betsy

Anniversary Herd
Reaction score
When I got Miss Bramble out for her morning cuddle this morning, she had a lump in her left eye. I didn't see it last night. I also asked Aunty Lilli if she had noticed anything and she said that her eye was completely normal. She has somehow managed to get a really bad hay poke overnight. Tonight when I put her back in the hutch the lump had a white ring around it. I hope it's treatable with eyedrops.

IMG_7623.webp

Oh Miss Bramble how uncomfortable for you. Hope the vet visit goes well and your eye is soon back to normal. ❤️

All the best at the vets!

What you can do at home is to get hold of eye gel (up to 3 times daily, ideally as evenly spaced out as you can practically achieve) to help with the comfort in the eye and to help speed up the healing process inside the eye by providing an ideal repair environment.
Articifial tear gel is not classed as a medication, so vets won't prescribe it but it is one of these items that is very useful to have at home.
Tear drops are OK if you can't get any from online or your pharmacy, but much less efficient and not as long lasting after an application.

All the best at the vets!

What you can do at home is to get hold of eye gel (up to 3 times daily, ideally as evenly spaced out as you can practically achieve) to help with the comfort in the eye and to help speed up the healing process inside the eye by providing an ideal repair environment.
Articifial tear gel is not classed as a medication, so vets won't prescribe it but it is one of these items that is very useful to have at home.
Tear drops are OK if you can't get any from online or your pharmacy, but much less efficient and not as long lasting after an application.
I have Viscotears which I've put in her eye twice today, once this morning and once tonight. She gets very stressed at being caught but is fine afterwards and enjoys a cuddle and a bit of coriander for being a good girl.

Poor Miss Bramble, Dignified Sir George says your slave and the nasty vet will prod at you but it will make you feel better.
Healing rumbles and kisses,
The Beastie Boys X

Dear Piggies in Forumland

Thank you very much for my well wishes and healing vibes. My eye feels a bit sore. I don't want my Slave to take me to the Nasty Vet Man tomorrow but she assures me that he will make my eye feel better. I hope she takes a paw holder with me if she does I hope it's my Mum Misty cos I feel very safe with her.

I'll let you know how I get on at the vets.

Wheeks
Miss Bramble

Hello piggies in Forumland

I didn't see a nasty vet man today I saw a very nice Spanish vet called Iris. She checked my weight and then had a good look at my poorly eye. Iris put some funny orange stuff in it, turned off the light and shone a bright torch in my eye to see if there was a ulcer. She couldn't see one and said that it was because my Slave had been so quick putting in Viscotears. I have to have Isathal eye drops for 7 days as well as the Viscotears. Luckily the very nice Spanish vet said to my Slave that I don't have to go back next week unless she has any concerns about my eye.

Wheeks

Miss Bramble

That’s great news Miss Bramble
You have a fantastic slave looking after you ❤️
Lots of Wheeks Geoff & Bobby

Excellent news, Miss Bramble. You clearly have a very good slave..

Glad the vet trip wasn’t as scary as you had feared it would be. I’m sure you will be soon on the mend. Is anyone looking after the GPU while you are on sick leave? Just asking for a friend (@fluffysal). Obviously no untoward behaviour will take place while you are recuperating. 😇

Ah Miss Bramble I’m so glad you had a good experience with the lovely Spanish vet and you have some medication for your poorly eye. Although you might think your slave is being horrible putting in the drops, she is really being very kind so try to sit still and not wriggle or nip and you’ll soon be right as rain and back to work as GPU rep 😍

I’m very glad that you saw a lovely Spanish lady vet today Miss Bramble.
I hope the eye drops help.
If you don’t like them then you can play the game Micah used to play.
Wait until your slave is just about to put a drop in your eye then close it very tight so the Isathal goes on your fur, and possibly your slave too.

Glad the vet trip wasn’t as scary as you had feared it would be. I’m sure you will be soon on the mend. Is anyone looking after the GPU while you are on sick leave? Just asking for a friend (@fluffysal). Obviously no untoward behaviour will take place while you are recuperating. 😇
All slaves should behave themselves while Miss Bramble is on sick leave.
Kylie, the current chief nipper of GPFANS, isn't a piggy whose attention you want to attract. 👀

If you don’t like them then you can play the game Micah used to play.
Wait until your slave is just about to put a drop in your eye then close it very tight so the Isathal goes on your fur, and possibly your slave too.
I'm very good about having eyedrops. As the Shop Steward of the GPU I have to lead by example. I may give out the information about the eye drops game but I don't have to play it.

All slaves should behave themselves while Miss Bramble is on sick leave.
Kylie, the current chief nipper of GPFANS, isn't a piggy whose attention you want to attract. 👀
Thank you Kylie for your support while I'm on sick leave. I'll be back from sick leave in 7 days as the very nice Spanish vet has signed my off for 7 days.

I'm very good about having eyedrops. As the Shop Steward of the GPU I have to lead by example. I may give out the information about the eye drops game but I don't have to play it.

Thank you Kylie for your support while I'm on sick leave. I'll be back from sick leave in 7 days as the very nice Spanish vet has signed my off for 7 days.
Get well soon Miss Bramble!
I'm very grateful that I don't feel obliged to set a good example. :roll: Apart from nipping obviously.
Wheeks Kylie

How is Missy bramble's eye? Did she have a recheck? My Stripe is on eye drops this week, too, but he's taking it like a champ.

Back