Mint

Mine have it about twice, I only give a couple of leaves at a time. It depends really on how well it's growing, they might get a bit more in the summer.

When I have to buy it, they will have it until the bag is gone (a bag doesn’t share far between six animals though!). I then might not buy it again for a month though.

When it’s growing in my garden, I’ll pick a few leaves or a stem a few times a week.

Mine love mint too. Fresh and dried as forage. If you grow it, put it in a pot or else it'll take over your garden!

My old pigs absolutely loved mint. They would eat it like mad until it made their mouths all cold and draughty, and then they would still keep trying to eat it and making faces. It was the funniest pig treat apart from goosegrass (they loved that to distraction, and would keep eating it even when it was stuck all over their faces).

Our current pigs have given a negative to mint so far, but they were kind of fussy when we got them, so we're still trying to broaden their horizons.

It was the funniest pig treat apart from goosegrass (they loved that to distraction, and would keep eating it even when it was stuck all over their faces).
I haven't tried my current piggies on sticky grass but the old ones loved it.

Back