• Thread starter Thread starter teabag
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

teabag

Hi all,

Bit of advice please!

I am looking to buy and indoor cage for my two guineas. They have a lovely spacious hutch outside, which they will live in most of the time. But I wanted to get an indoor cage for really cold times of the year and to take with us if we pop up to visit my parents for the weekend...obviously won't leave them at home!

Can anyone suggest what the minimum size should be? I've seen this one on the internet which is only £29 which is 100cm X 56cm X 53cm. Would that be ok?

Thanks O0

A 100cm cage would be ok for a pair of pigs short term. If they got a lot of out of cage time it would be ok longer term as well. I prefer 120cm cages for my pairs but I do know a lot of people use the 100cm ones and their pigs seem very happy.

That seems fine, as they have an outdoor hutch aswell, they should have enough space

Guinea-piggies-94 said:
Do you have any pigtures of your pigs?
Yeh, have just posted some pics in the Pictures forum. Not sure how to send a link, but its fairly near the top at the moment!

Maybe a C+C Cage? They are half the price of normal cages, and double the size!

My Pet Store cage was 70 dollars, which is around £33 or so, and my C+C Cage was 30 dollars, which is £14!

Oh cool i will check them out tomorrow, its my piggies birthday tomorrow O0 :smitten:

Wh33k said:
Maybe a C+C Cage? They are half the price of normal cages, and double the size!
Where can you get C&C cages from? Just did a google search and it didn't pull up an obvious website...

Jane said:
Have a look here for info on C&C cages - www.guineapigcages.com

They are made from cubes (you can buy them from screwfix) and correx/lino/coroplast
Thanks....the shipping from USA seems a bit prohibitive really. Where abouts on screwfix would the grids be?

teabag said:
Jane said:
Have a look here - http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/cat.jsp?cId=A333043&ts=78284

It shows 2 cubes but there are actually 4 ;)
Aha! Got it....ok...so how many would you suggest for 2 adult piggies?

Do you mean cage size or how many you should buy? I'm confused :P You only need to buy one pack really, from 4 cubes you get *counts in head* 16? I think grids. With that you can make up to a 2x6. If you mean cage size make the biggest you can fit really, the bigger the better ;) I personally wouldn't have 2 adult piggies in anything smaller than a 2x4 - but I know many people have pigs in a 2x3 comfortably.

Do you mean cage size or how many you should buy? I'm confused :P You only need to buy one pack really, from 4 cubes you get *counts in head* 16? I think grids. With that you can make up to a 2x6. If you mean cage size make the biggest you can fit really, the bigger the better ;) I personally wouldn't have 2 adult piggies in anything smaller than a 2x4 - but I know many people have pigs in a 2x3 comfortably.
[/quote]
I'm being very thick! I did mean how many packs of 4 but hadn't got that you open them out! D'oh! Yes, is very reasonable in that case! Great tip thanks a mill :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back