Minimum for 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

kezza30

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Whats the minimum size requirements for 4 guinea pigs if only a 1 story hutch :)

If 2x3 is minimum for 2 then I guess 4x6 for 4? Don't quote me for it but thats the logical answer...

gp-d said:
If 2x3 is minimum for 2 then I guess 4x6 for 4? Don't quote me for it but thats the logical answer...

Wouldn't it be 2x6 or 4x3? I mean four is double two, so you double the size...turning it into a 4x6 is four of them :P do I make sense? nope!

On guinea pig cages it says, for four guineas, 30" x 76" soo...about 2ft x 6ft should be okay? bigger is always better though of course O0

Lol you confuzzled me abit there jane ;D

2ftx6ft is ok, i need it to fit in my room over winter but still give them some room. Once the sheds done out etc i will be able to move them permantly in there and add an extra 3ft of space on the top.

The hucth i ahve now is really awkward for cleaning, cos it's 3ft wide i ahve to literally climb in to clean it properaly and it's to difficult to get y piggies out when there hidin right in the back corner and see a hand reaching out to thme :P

kezza30 said:
Lol you confuzzled me abit there jane ;D

2ftx6ft is ok, i need it to fit in my room over winter but still give them some room. Once the sheds done out etc i will be able to move them permantly in there and add an extra 3ft of space on the top.

The hucth i ahve now is really awkward for cleaning, cos it's 3ft wide i ahve to literally climb in to clean it properaly and it's to difficult to get y piggies out when there hidin right in the back corner and see a hand reaching out to thme :P

;D ;D Sorry hahaha :P I dunno how you cope with it 3ft wide, I struggle to reach to the back of mine and it's only just over 2ft wide.

Lol yeah it's areal pain, takes up 2 black bags when cleaning and a full bag of the russel bedding, so i have to get a week now.

Anyway i've designed a new hucth for them like his, drawn on paint,

house.jpg

It's mainly a mini version of the rabbit hucth my dad built me but where buiding it around the piggies so they can easily climb to the top with no problems which means it will have to be lower than theres. So the bottom will be for playing whcih means just hoveringup and poo's and spraying when there in the un andthe bedding in the upstairs for easy cleaning.

I'm no good at maths so i'm thinking 4ft x 4ft equals 2ftx 6ft, lol or something like that.

Well i'm going to build the wall and fit it with water proof tarpoline inside and insulation and it'll keep wind and rain out, they'll ahve there heat mats to :)

'hoveringup'? what bedding are you gunna use? :D

looks good to me - and yep, I'm agreeing that 4ft x 4ft is the same as 6ft x 2ft...but 6ft long does provide them more room to like..run longer...does that make sense? nope. If you struggle to reach back 3ft how is 4ft gunna be easier lmao? :P

It's the way the one i have now is designed, trying o clean the bottom one is murer and you have to lie on the floor.

This one is like my rabbits huctch, laminate on the bottom floor means i can just hover(sp?) up there stray poos meaning no need to reach inside, lol with a long hover nozzle ;D Where as only the top whcih only covers some of the space say 4ft wide and only2ft length is easier to reach back with a brush then try to reach under.

Ok, lol i know i make no sense once so ever but when i manageto build it and show you pics of this one and that on you'll get it ;D

I'm gonna stop typing before i confuse anyone further ;D ;D

Oh yeah i'm going to use newspaper and russel rabbit bedding :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back