• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

mini stroke

• Thread starter Thread starter katblack77
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
K

katblack77

My wee Eddie is sick again. He had the head tilt about six months ago and the vet was able to show me on the x-ray a cloudy area in the skull from an infection he had from when i got him. Noticed he had loads of trouble with his balance and head tilted was really bad. Went to out of hours vets and she said that it is a mini stroke and that he has maybe gone blind in one eye. Strange thing is his room mate renee is trying to mount him after he came back from the vet. I have to bring him back on sat. he got steroids and anti biotics

oooooh noooooo! I'm very sorry to hear about little Eddie being poorly. I really hope he gets better soon. It sounds like your doing a great job taking care of him and doing everything you can.

lots of :smitten: to you both from me and my girlies ( :-* for Eddie)

Thank you VERY much. That means alot. Just when you think as is going well something like this happens.

So sorry to hear your little piggy has suffered from a stroke. However, as a positive, it was a mini stroke which can be recovered from. I have lost 2 piggies in the past to serious strokes and its just heartbreaking to see.

Hope he gets well.

Hi Katblack, our Dylan has a head tilt which has improved dramatically in the last few months we have looked after him, he had also had a stroke. We were so worried about him, and thought he wouldn't be around much, but he's such an incredibly speedy and happy little chap, so try to keep positive and get him checked out every so often :) Is his cagemate still mounting him?

poor little eddie. hope he will soon be better. sending love, hugs, and gentle piggie kisses to both of you. :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:
Get better soon Eddie!

cheers all :smitten:

He has an appoinment tonight at 8 with the vets. He in enjoying lots of hugs and his cage mate renee now seems to know that something is wrong and she is being very sweet to him. Nothing much info on the internet but i will quiz the vet tonight. He is eating ok, it just takes him alot longer as he can only eat from one side of his mouth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back