Mineral Stone

Status
Not open for further replies.

MelissaG

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi me again lol

Quick question does the mineral stone help keep their nails down aswell as their teeth? Also where's best to put it to get maximum benefit?

If your piggies have a well balanced diet they don't need a mineral stone, and I use house bricks under their water bottle to absorb drips and help keep their nails filed down in between clipping them.

In my experience, a mineral stone gets totally ignored by piggies on a good, balanced diet. And it doesn't help with nails either. Bricks that are not too rough around the pellet bowl or by the water bottle will do the second much better.

My piggies are indoors do I don't think a brick will fit lol thanks though. What do yous recommend to help keep their nails down?

My piggies are indoors do I don't think a brick will fit lol thanks though. What do yous recommend to help keep their nails down?

I have indoor piggies and sometimes put a small brick underneath their water bottle, it stops the bedding getting wet plus helps with their nails :) a run around on the paving slabs outside helps too but won't be able to do this soon due to weather. I clip my boys nails little and often so I don't worry too much about them wearing them down!

Thanks for the advice guys. Il try n out the rocks around the bowl n water bottle :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back