• Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

missknight

09042008257.jpg

09042008256.jpg

09042008255.jpg

this is Milo's cage. i bought it from P@H they said it was big enough for 2 piggys but I'm unsure if his getting enough room?

Approx Dimensions - 100 x 50 x 46.5 cm / 39.5" x 19.5" x 18.5"

The minimum for one pig is: 30" x 36" so the one you have is a bit small in my opinion. But if he gets plenty of floor time them it's probably OK.
However for 2 piggies the minimum is 30" x 50" so that cage is definitely too small for 2.

I know you mentioned before that you had to take one of your piggies back to PAH because they were fighting. This could be because they didn;t have enough space. this is especially true for boars who I think need more space in general to get on.

I would definitely recommend you have a look at a C&C cage if you get another pig. They are much cheaper and you can have them whatever size you want.

yeah i deffently want a bigger cage. how ever i have to keep it in my room so I'm limited to the amount of space i use. so id prob keep it the same length just have an additional floor up the top?

I'm not very good with these kinda things, I'm not sure how much to buy to make one where did you get the coroplast floor from?

Extra levels won't really add much space I'm afraid, some piggies will outright refuse to use ramps and any ramps take away floor space from underneath. Piggies really need horizontal space to run laps and popcorn.

Coroplast is called correx in the UK and you can get it from a local signmakers if you have one or from ebay.

missknight said:
where did you get the coroplast floor from?

I put all of the details of where to get it from on the thread about my cage O0

the cage maybe small but if you remove some of the stuff off the bottom that hay roll thing and the other thing, just have his/her dish and that hidey hole then she can have room to popcorn a bit and walk around

I have all my boys in 4x2 cages in my shed. My Nero 3's I have in my spare room for little ones that may come in and I have a nero 2 for a wee one as well but I try and follow the guidelines when I can. Nero 4's are fab but costly. I do have Twinkle in a Nero 3 in my living room but I make a pen for him in the day time to have a run around and he gets too much attention being a lone boar! :smitten:

Have you thought about C&C I lvoe them because you can make them how you want them.

yeah i just posted in another section ive ordered all the bits for one :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back