Midwest, kavee, or guineapigcages store?

Bee&Charley

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Which is better in regards to how secure it is? The midwest, kavee c&c cages, or guineapigcages store c&c cages?

I'm the wrong person to address this but I'll give it a little bump!
Can you just give a bit more info... are you worried about pigs breaking out (like males breaking into females, or rivals getting shirty) or is it in terms of keeping other pets like dogs or cats away from your piggies? That might affect the answers.

Which is better in regards to how secure it is? The midwest, kavee c&c cages, or guineapigcages store c&c cages?

Hi and welcome

Midwest grids can be too low for some guinea pigs; some can just jump over them from standing on the floor.

They are different grids to C&C grids as sold by different companies with Guinea Pig Cages and now newly Kavee the biggest providers; but they basically sell the same kit.

You want to make sure that you opt for the correct size depending on the guinea pigs are you are planning to get. Guinea pigs are ground roamers and need all the space you can give them. Boars need more minimal space than sows but you can max out equally in size on both genders or a bonded mixed gender pair where one of them is de-sexed (usually only available for adoption on good welfare standard rescues but the most stable of all pairings).

Here is some more information:
All About C & C Grid Cages Around The World
Cage Size Guide

Lots of helpful information for all the tricky challenges for Wannabe and New Owners:
Are Guinea Pigs For Me? - Wannabe Owners' Helpful Information
Getting Started - Essential Information for New Owners

Thank you for the replies! It's to keep my cats out, they ignore my piggies (both girls) the majority of the time but occasionally like to sit nearby and watch them...I just would prefer to be cautious about it and have the most secure cage possible...especially since one of my girls likes my cats and tries to see them closer

As you have cats, a cage with a lid would be advisable - so either the biggest commercial cage you can get or by adding a lid to c&c using additional grids

Back