Midwest Guinea Habitat Fleece Liners

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sunnycharlie

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi! I am collecting my baby piggies on Friday and am trying to get their new cage ready this week. I have bought a Midwest Guinea Habitat to keep them in with the intention of extending it as they grow.

I have also bought two large, washable incontinenece pads and some fleece. I know with c&c cages, the fleece liners often have a bottom and sides to tuck over the correx. With the Midwest cage there is a canvas inner that is velcroed to the cage so you cannot tuck the fleece over the edge of it. Can I ask those with experience, is it better for me to make a liner that is the same size as the base of the cage or is it better to make it a few centimetres bigger all round so it covers the bottom and a bit of the sides? Or does it not matter?!

I make my own liners and never make any that go up the sides, they simply fit the floor of the cage. It's personal preference really. The ones that go up the side stop poo's from getting underneath and stop any digging, but can be a little fiddly to fit. I personally prefer the fit to floor ones.

I followed your advice and made liners that sit on the bottom of the cage. They look good! I now just have to wait for the guinea pigs to arrive tomorrow...

Mine liners are a couple of cm too big, as sometimes they shrink over time, but I find a small bit going round the edges to be a good thing.

So today's the day? I hope all goes well with your little ones, please update us with some pictures and on how they settle, and we're all here if you have any concerns or questions :)

Piggies are being collected after dinner as long as all is ok. I need to check she has correctly sexed them. I do hope we can bring them home- my two girls ( and me!) are going to be bitterly disappointed otherwise...

Yes, photos will be forthcoming! And yes, they do have names. My 15 and 12 year olds are huge Doctor Who fans and they are using some DW companion names. So we have Romana and Nysa. It nearly caused a war as they both wanted to name their piggy Romana! A little bribery was applied to my 15 year old and peace was restored...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back