• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Messy Eater or Dental Issues?

Skunks_n.bees

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hi,
I’m a first time piggie owner, and I can’t get an answer as to whether or not my pig is a messy eater or if she has dental issues.

So basically, my girl Sherlock always gets a wet chin when she’s eating food. It’s not wet any other time, but I read that a wet chin can be related to dental issues, and I wanted to make sure she’s alright.

I have bad anxiety (especially about pet health) so I tend to overthink stuff like this, and I figured I’d get an opinion from other piggie owners ! Thanks!
(here are some pictures of her chin while she was eating)

Attachments

• IMG_4205.webp
    IMG_4205.webp
    38.6 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_4204.webp
    IMG_4204.webp
    40.6 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_4203.webp
    IMG_4203.webp
    90.6 KB · Views: 2
The best thing is to see a vet. I’m afraid we have no way of knowing whether there is an issue.
Hopefully there isn’t but it would be best to see the vet for your peace of mind

We can't answer this question from afar. Only a vet can tell if the teeth are okay.
But my Bonny is an incredibly messy eater. Her chin is soaked after eating lettuce, she looks like a vampire after eating red pepper. So it doesn't have to be a bad sign but any changes in behaviour or appearence should always be investigated by a vet.
Please weigh your piggies once a week. This will also give you a better picture of their health.

Back