• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Meloxaid timings

Piggies2023

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Nancy is on meloxaid twice a day, every 12 hours. The problem I have is the timings are completely off. I have just had to give a dose at 23:45 because I gave one this morning after the vet said I could give twice a day at 11:45am. The vet said I need to try and get it as close to 12 hours as possible, but maybe an hour at the most difference would be fine. I need to leave the house by 9:30am on Sunday. Which is problematic for medication timings. I'm wondering if I could give a smaller dose tomorrow morning earlier to then get it closer to a better time. She's currently on 0.4ml dog meloxaid twice a day. I'm thinking maybe give 0.3ml at 9:30am? And then I can give a normal dose at maybe 8:30pm so it's closer to a more workable time? What has everyone else done please? I'm assuming I'm not the only one who's had this issue. I don't want to miss a dose because she wasn't a happy piggie with only one dose a day.

Done some maths and I think if I gave it two hours earlier I could give 0.33ml instead of 0.4ml as a one off.

Back