Meet My New Piggys!

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are outside in a large hutch, I've got it placed so it never gets the sun on the front of it but I know my boys have been hot and bothered like the rest of us, they have been laid out on newspaper inside their hutch most of the day I've kept an eye on them incase they got to hot but they seemed happy. I have to soak them twice a day because they are undergoing treatment so I'm guessing they liked that as it cooled them down.
I will have them inside tomorrow for some lap time when it gets very hot and I will have the fan on (not on them). I'm thinking of giving them a hair cut. If anyone has any other tips I would be very grateful :)

They are outside in a large hutch, I've got it placed so it never gets the sun on the front of it but I know my boys have been hot and bothered like the rest of us, they have been laid out on newspaper inside their hutch most of the day I've kept an eye on them incase they got to hot but they seemed happy. I have to soak them twice a day because they are undergoing treatment so I'm guessing they liked that as it cooled them down.
I will have them inside tomorrow for some lap time when it gets very hot and I will have the fan on (not on them). I'm thinking of giving them a hair cut. If anyone has any other tips I would be very grateful :)
Thank you :) I hope there treatment goes alright

Soak old towels in water and lay them over the hutch. I've been doing that on the runs I've had our groups out in - particularly it gave me a bit of peace of mind when I had to go out for a few hours.

I haven't done it myself but have heard others talk about putting crushed ice into their water bottles.

I saw someone who had wrote about putting the ice in their water bottles I was a bit unsure about that myself. I do like the tile idea I've just got to hunt for one now and file the corners :)

Oh that's great thank you :) I'm going to have a look for the best cold tiles...my mums old kitchen floor tiles are what I need they were always cold :)

How lovely! I bet they know about this heat more than any of us bless them! But they will be the ones laughing in winter! :D

Congratulations on your new arrivals, Aren't they beautiful. Such lovely fur. Really looking forward to lots of updates on them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back