Meet Maximus, My First Piggy :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kraftykiwi

New Born Pup
Reaction score
10269352_10203230719561944_3191838268786124923_n.jpg

Maximus is my first piggy :). Here, he is in his temporary abode while I build his C&C cage (the only coroplast I can find is back ordered) but he gets to run free in the wire section most of the day on some towels and that's when his personality really shines! I adopted him at a local shelter where he and some females had been abandoned by their previous owner. Judging by his size and his popcorning I think he is an adolescent but have no real way of telling.
I'm still searching for another rescue boar to be his companion, hopefully a baby so as to have established pecking order, but while I search he's getting lots of love and veggie treats. At the shelter they had only been feeding them the pellets, no hay or produce, so sad. He really is quite social already and enjoyed some snuggly lap time for the first time today. (He peed on my friend that held him after I did, the naughty boy, though she took it well).
I'm so excited to be a piggy owner and love him to pieces already!

Hi :wel:to the forum...
Gorgeous boy your Maximus... :love:

Enjoy having a look around the forum, we have lots of great care guides for you to have a look at..

Can we please ask you to add your location to your profile, as it helps fellow members give you area/country specific answers to any questions you may have .. this can be done by clicking on your username then click on personal details, add location.. Thanks..

Please feel free to ask any questions you may have ... just start a thread in the relevant section...

Lisa & Ali..

Aww what a cutie! It looks like he's wearing a little white toupe.

Welcome to the wonderful world of piggies :)

Welcome you & Maximus to the forum. He's a lovely piggy. Does he have a companion yet or are you planning to get one,

Handsome dude! With a very cool name!

Welcome to the forum

Hi :wel:to the forum...
Gorgeous boy your Maximus... :love:

Enjoy having a look around the forum, we have lots of great care guides for you to have a look at..

Can we please ask you to add your location to your profile, as it helps fellow members give you area/country specific answers to any questions you may have .. this can be done by clicking on your username then click on personal details, add location.. Thanks..

Please feel free to ask any questions you may have ... just start a thread in the relevant section...

Lisa & Ali..

Ok, profile updated! Thanks for the suggestion :)

Welcome you & Maximus to the forum. He's a lovely piggy. Does he have a companion yet or are you planning to get one,
I'm currently searching for a companion for him. I'm trying to avoid pet shops and only get a rescue piggy but it's hard in my area because there are no guinea rescues. I've been a talking shelters haha.

I'm currently searching for a companion for him. I'm trying to avoid pet shops and only get a rescue piggy but it's hard in my area because there are no guinea rescues. I've been a talking shelters haha.
It is great you want to rescue. I really hope you find a piggy soon.

So I got two rescue boys this morning! The red and black boy is Rory and the black boy is Uther (they are brothers). The owner was a vet who had bred them for her daughter who had then used them as a science fair project. The vet seemed like she didn't know much about guineas and they were both in a poop filled tiny cage :(. Since I know their former home and know they don't have any bugs or anything, do I still need to do the full 2-3 week quarantine?

Attachments

• 20140522_124824.webp
    20140522_124824.webp
    19.1 KB · Views: 6
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back