• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Meet Kurama's First Born

• Thread starter Thread starter kaoskat
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kaoskat

This morning my Guinea Pig, Kurama, was rushed to the vet's office when we woke up to find the white towel he was bedded on covered in blood. The vet checked him out and confirmed my suspicions. Rama had a bladder stone. He stayed to have surgery (I've been a nervous wreck waiting for him to get home). Well, THIS is the thing they pulled out of Rama's bladder!
RamasStone8-27-2007small.jpg

I do not know how this pig was so happy go lucky and active with this thing inside his bladder! I don't know how the heck this thing even FIT inside his bladder! He's home now and doing quite well. He gobbled up the 2 grapes I gave him and munched at his endive. He has a bald tummy with surgical glue on it (his stitches are internal) and is acting just like he always has. I alwys knew Rama was a happy perky little pig but this is nuts! His bladder stone trumps my kidney stone by about a gazillon I think. He really is a special little boy and I'm so so SO glad he's ok. Hopefully recovery will go smoothly and he'll be just fine. :D

sending big bear hugs to the little guy O0 hope he gets better soon. bear hug to you for the stress O0

OMG poor little guy, hope he is feeling better now and you are less stressed. (((hugs)))

I am ecstatic now that he's home and still quite shocked over the size of that thing. I don't know how he's been managing to pass any urine at all. I'm just dumbfounded.

awww the poor piggy...big HUGS to you both :-* Thankgoodness everythings turned around and hes on the mend! :smitten:

Poor little guy having that in his bladder! Thank goodness he is doing good after the surgery Bless him :-*

Aw poor little piggy! Thanks gos thants out of him! He'll be an even happier piggie now :) hope he makes a full recovery! Love Emma x

:( Rama's not doing so great right now. He's in quite a bit of pain. I wish it had dawned on me I'd have asked about a painkiller. Poor guy. I feel guilty for forgetting. I was just so excited to have him back I wasn't thinking straight. Hopefully he'll be ok soon.

OMG that poor little fella :'(
(sorry got held up here at work with a problem...)
Have you got any pain meds you can use? are you near an emergency vet ?
Crossing paws for your little man, good luck :)
Sending healing wheeks for him :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

awww what a brave little fella! his little bladder must have been bursting! awww what a little fighter, acting as if nothing had happened. bless, big hugs and kisses to both of you. and here's to a quick recovery (although it sounds like he's already recovered, bless him) :)

I'm sure we have an emergency vet, but I'm new to the area and don't have one I can trust. And I've had a few too any piggies killed by clueless vets to risk that. We gave him an underdose of Motrin (to reduce the chane of any problems) and that helped alot. He perked up and even ate a couple more grapes after it kicked in. This morning Rama is doing much better. He isn't in as much pain as yesterday and there are spots on his white towel that are more yellowy orangish than reddish now. He's more spunky and active than he was yesterday evening too. It looks like he will be just fine as long as he doesn't get an infection. I'm so thankful and feel so blessed to have him in my life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back