Meds To Have In Stock

Status
Not open for further replies.

gizzy

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I treated my 2 dogs for fleas a cople of weeks ago , but the still have the ocasional scrach
So l just sent an order to ebay for som more, and l also sent for a guinea pig spot on as a precation
And l got to thinking ! I am low on wound powder and my tee tree cream has reached its best by date

So l was wondering what do you guys have in your piggy med chest in case of emegancies ?

I tend to keep Dioralyte, probiotics, Gripe water, Humilac spray (for the skinnies) plus a stock of diuretic for the heart pigs as the vet allows us to give as needed. I also have some pain relief too as my vet is also happy for me to give that when I need to and trusts my judgement. I also have a stock of Imaverol, anti-fungal shampoo and Lyclear crème rinse.

Humilac spray , is that a mosturizer of some sort ?

Yes it is, I get it from Vetuk. It was recommended to me by a lady I know who used to run a piggy clinic at a vets. I spray the skinnies if they are looking a bit dry.

I tend to keep Dioralyte, probiotics, Gripe water, Humilac spray (for the skinnies) plus a stock of diuretic for the heart pigs as the vet allows us to give as needed. I also have some pain relief too as my vet is also happy for me to give that when I need to and trusts my judgement. I also have a stock of Imaverol, anti-fungal shampoo and Lyclear crème rinse.

Gosh your medical stock makes mine look so pathetic! I hadn't even thought about half of these things

I keep dioralyte natural/blackcurrent/citrus as i have a pig on diuretics, gripe water, vit c tabs, fibreplex, pro c, avipro plus, oxbow digestive tabs, oxbow vit c tabs, zantac, metoclopramide, loxicom, critical care fine grind, septrin, hibiscrub for wounds.. And about 100 syringes lol. I only know all this as i cleaned out the drawer last night!

I keep everything needed for bloat; fibreplex; f10 ointment in case of injuries; Metacam; cystease; a million syringes; eye drops; vitamin c; and mountains of cotton wool and wipes plus salt for making my own saline solution.

Oh dear, I'm feeling a bit inadequate! I've got 2 x 1ml syringes and a packet of Critical Care. The Critical Care goes out of date in December as it cost £5 from the vet can I let them eat it as a treat rather than waste it?

Critical Care can be frozen if you want to keep it for medical issues. I tend to keep mine in the freezer automatically, then I don't have to remember to pop it in there before it goes out of date.

But, I'm sure your pigs will love having it as a treat!

I didn't realise you can freeze it. The instructions just say mix with water. Now I am going to ask what is probably a silly question but do you freeze it as a powder or mix it first?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back