Medi Bed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

starla

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Ok I did bump another post up but thought it might not get read :D so made a new topic (sorry)
I'm going to try Medi bed tomorrow or weds. What I need to know is does it go all mushy and horrible after it's had pig pee on it xx0 as I'm assuming it doesn't absorb as well as other beddings...Can any medi bed users shed more light? :)

Depends how long you leave it! I don't think it is as absorbent as say Aubiose but my pigs prefer it ::) They are in large C+C pens and cleaned out x2 wheekly, the pairs in hutches (4 by 2) must be cleaned out x2 wheekly as well. I think the only way to decide is see for yourself, its definitely my pigs favourite and I do try them all :) Except for shavings and Megazorb which I don't like!

Definitely good for foraging!

i dont think its as absorbant either, but again same as karens pigs, mine love it ::) theyre not going to be happy when i dont buy more when it runs out ::)

I've just started using it - I put it in yesterday. They LOVE it - pop corned all over the place! I liked megazorb which was my first trial after vetbed but they looked so sad when they had to pick it off their veggies and out of their hair. It was very absorbent and didn't smell at all.
I believe the girls love it so much because it is not so different from hay in texture. They both chose to sleep on the medibed instead of their fleecey hammocks or sleeping bags last night. They keep ploughing through it like little truffle pigs... not sure what they are looking for!
I don't know how long it will stay dry, but it was still clean and fresh this morning after 24hrs use, which is more than can be said for pongy old vetbed.

my pigs did that too they love it!

but I'm really allergic to it, i come out in a purple rash and itch for hours when i clean them out, or even if i just take them out of their cage after they have been on it. so i have to switch back to megazorb.

i found with medi-bed they needed cleaning every 2-3 days, whereas with megazorb i spotcleaned every 2 days, and full clean out every 7-10 days

All but one of mine sleep on the Medibed and leave the VetBed. I don't have the time to wash VetBed anyway so only use it post op and under the odd house (where Angel lives ::) )

I've been using medi bed for a week now and it's great :) the pigs enjoy it and it'll last me ages.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back