max & charlie - my new pigs from the freeads - UPDATED - GOOD NEWS!

• Thread starter Thread starter bunpig
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bunpig

these two little boars were locked in a concrete gardenshed. i dont think they have ever been handled they are extremely nervous :( they are both approx 10months old.

max (on the left) weighs just under 700g and charlie weighs 767g is that underweight? they seem extremely thin >:( but i will soon fatten them up! :)

Re: max & charlie - my new pigs from the freeads

They are a really nice pair of boars - I'm not entirely sure but it does sound small to me...I'll go & weigh my boar for you...

1500g approx because he was wriggling! he's about 18 months & castrated - not particularly huge in frame either.

lol, what a big boy! my biggest is george 1300g. give me a couple of months and ill double their current weights! ;D

How nice to be fattening something up rather than dieting!

They are lovely! Charlie is identical in colour to my Tiger! Just not as hairy!
Well done on rescuing them!

Aww they're lovely :)

Ooh, what lovely boars!

Roo weighs 1340g and Sammy weighs 1250g, if that's any help.

they are so cute and a little underweight but you would have gathered that by the other well fed and spolit piggys mentioned so get spoiling them no doubt they will grow in courage and weight with you,

They're so adorable! I'm glad you're their new home, they'll obviously be happy for the rest of their lives! ;D

Kimmie

Congratulations they're very handsome :-* :-*
Oh i bet they'll get lots of food and cuddles from you

Hehe they're really cute! :)

It's nice to hear that you basically rescued the piggies from a horrible home! BTW, what are the freeads? I live in the US and we have something called Craigslist, but I don't know if it's the same thing.

Free ads are either newspapers or internet sites where people advertise their 2nd hand stuff for sale or for free. Unfortunately in the UK there are quite a lot of guineas advertised for free. We use the term 'free-ad' quite loosely I suppose, but in general its a guinea pig advertised as FREE TO GOOD HOME. There has been some cases where snake owners have been offering 'good homes' to these guineas but using them as snake food. I think that the adverts should read, 'can't be bothered to look after this creature anymore because my kid has grown up & ain't interested!'.
http://uk.freeads.net/
Here's an example of a free ad website.

hils78 said:
Free ads are either newspapers or internet sites where people advertise their 2nd hand stuff for sale or for free. Unfortunately in the UK there are quite a lot of guineas advertised for free. We use the term 'free-ad' quite loosely I suppose, but in general its a guinea pig advertised as FREE TO GOOD HOME. There has been some cases where snake owners have been offering 'good homes' to these guineas but using them as snake food. I think that the adverts should read, 'can't be bothered to look after this creature anymore because my kid has grown up & ain't interested!'.
http://uk.freeads.net/
Here's an example of a free ad website.
i heard of some1 who would buy pigs to eat! eventualy the petshop asked about it and investigated and he was eating them :o :o

well, i've had these piggies for 2 wheeks now. when they first came to me their original food was 'tesco value rabbit & guinea pig food', i wasn't happy to continue feeding them on this because they were not thriving so changed them immediately on to bugess excel nuggets and they love it! ;) today i weighed them as i knew they must have gained some weight and i am delighted to see the difference in just 2 weeks!

first Charlie: his original weight was 767g :( his current weight is 820g :) a weight gain of 53 grams in 2 weeks! i am delighted!
here he is on the scales:

i was worried about Max, he is a very long slender piggy who at just under 700g seemed too thin :(
he has been scoffing plenty of food and now weighs 806g! an increase of 108 grams in 2 weeks! :D woohoo!

Ooooh, what lovely boars! I can feel a pignap coming on......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back