Mating Dance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi All,

I've just been in the garden to check on the boys and noticed Sunshine making a low rumbling sound and swaying his hips from side to side at Twinkle (both males) I know this is a mating dance but is it a sign of dominance as well? Twinkle just seemed to shrug and say whatever! :-D

Louise
:)

Hiya,

Yep I've had the 'boys' off to the vets to be checked and they are all boys. I did think Sunshine was a girl and pregnant for a while as he has just gone soooo huge! But he is just a greedy boy! I've never heard teeth chattering from the boys which is a good sign, they seem to be just very playful.

Louise

yes it is normal. they will probably do it a lot, trust me! ;D

what i don't understand though, is why my Colin does it when he's on his own in his cage? he sways his hips and goes from one back leg to the other. he doesn't make any purring or rumbling sounds like when he's around Leroy and Malcolm. also, it seems to be when he's up on his platform by his food bowl! Protecting his food maybe?! ;D

ROFL, it is funny to watch! When Sunshine does it Twinkle looks at me as if to say 'Eh mum what's up with him!' So funny makes me laugh everytime! Poor Sunshine he needs his oats! :)

Louise

Yeah Peter (hubby) wants to do a Piggy cam! It will be nice to see what they get up to I could watch them for hours. Infact when the weather is nice I pull up a chair and just watch them playing. It's better than Eastenders! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back